Amazon Instant Video + Adguard = Broken

Discussion in 'Technical Support (Adguard for Windows)' started by Boo Berry, Nov 25, 2013.

  1. Boo Berry

    Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

    Joined:
    May 30, 2012
    Messages:
    2,423
    I've got a Amazon Prime account (with Amazon Instant Video) and when I try to watch any movie or TV show when Adguard is enabled, it causes Amazon to show service errors when attempting playback. When I disable Adguard I can play videos correctly.
     
  2. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    11,946
    Looks like Adguard's bug. It does not work even I disable all filters.
     
  3. Boo Berry

    Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

    Joined:
    May 30, 2012
    Messages:
    2,423
    Yes, you're right in that it doesn't work even with all filters disabled. :)
     
  4. Boo Berry

    Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

    Joined:
    May 30, 2012
    Messages:
    2,423
    Might of found another Adguard bug; I can't update the YouTube Center Developer Version XPI extension for Firefox when there's new versions available while Adguard's filtering is enabled. YouTubeCenter.xpi can be downloaded here. Disabling all filters doesn't make any difference. The Chrome version of the extension on the other hand updates fine.
     
  5. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    11,946
    I've created an issue #3743 in our bug-tracker. Thank you for the bug-report!
     
  6. Boo Berry

    Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

    Joined:
    May 30, 2012
    Messages:
    2,423
    Here's an easy way to reproduce it...

    1. Download this version of the extension somewhere you can find it (right click on it, Save Link As...).

    2. Drag and drop the extension into Firefox's addons screen.

    3. Restart Firefox to install the extension.

    4. Try updating addons (via gear icon > Check for Updates) while Adguard's filtering is enabled, it'll say no updates found.

    5. Now try updating again (via gear icon > Check for Updates) with Adguard's filtering completely disabled - the extension should update fine then.