Android Beta causing random Pixel 3XL reboots

kellybrf

Beta Tester
At the begining of Sept I had to RMA my 3XL and the new one started rebooting several times a day. I RMA'd that and the new one was better, but still restarting once or twice daily. There didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason, I was frequently using a Google app at the time but to be fair most of my phone's usage is on Chrome, Gmail, Maps, Hangouts, Google Play Music and so forth. With both phones there are times it would reboot overnight. I yet again RMA'd the device and this time didn't immediately install all of my apps. I went about a week without installing AdGuard Beta and had no reboots. Once I finally installed it the reboots started the next day. There was an update during the time I had it installed but the reboots continued. This time around it was only rebooting maybe once a day, but enough to notice. After several days, maybe a week, I uninstalled AdGuard and the reboots have ceased.

All the Pixels have been running stock Android 10 with the latest monthly update. No modifications whatsoever. I had no problems with my original Pixel rebooting, and didn't suspect AdGuard through the first two replacements, but since I started paying attention on this third device the reboots started the day AdGuard Beta was installed and have subsided since it was uninstalled.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
The issue is already reported to Google devs and we wait for the fix to be deployed (some incompatibility).

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Sadly not since we are waiting for Google ( it was fixed before October's update, but was not deployed). So we have to hope it is included in November's update.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@kellybrf
Hello!
This problem is reproduced not only with AdGuard but with any service that creates a VPN connection.
Therefore, there is no fundamental difference in what version you use.