Android Beta version 3.3.1, Oculus HTTPS filtering/certificate error.

Pentlands

Beta Tester
Oculus software will not update on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and it appears from the Android messages that Adguard is the problem?...

I had hoped this would be resolved by a filter update etc but the issue has persisted.

I've tried to work out where the issue is by disabling Adguard filtering on some of the various Oculus incarnations but no matter what i do i still get the following 'error' (see screenshots from my phone).

Restarting my phone always results in the taskbar menu warning, disabling and/or stopping Adguard leaves Oculus searching for an update that never happens if i try to to do a manual update.

Thoughts?
 

Attachments

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
@Pentlands

In the latest beta update, we added this notification. Some applications and websites do not trust user certificates, such as AdGuard, in which case you need to disable HTTPS filtering for the specified application because it may not work correctly.
If you receive this notification despite the disabled HTTPS filtering, then try reinstalling the application and AdGuard security certificate.
 

Pentlands

Beta Tester
Thanks Chinaski for the explanation.

This appears to be a growing issue because it's not the first time i've seen similar messages (on the desktop version and the android version), with that in mind could an option to disable HTTPS filtering for the specific website/domain/app etc not be included in the notification message?

It can be a real pita trying to work exactly which 'app' is having issues... not least Oculus that has many different incarnations of itself running at any one time.
 

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
If you click on a notification, you can disable HTTPS filtering directly from it.
 

Alfred

New Member
If you click on a notification, you can disable HTTPS filtering directly from it.
Sorry for my intervention.
In beta 3.3.2 (and before) the option in the notification to disable HTTPS filtering for the specific app works OK, but adding the domain to the whitelist doesn't. It appears at the top of the list, but is always be overwritten by the last entry. So only the last added domain is remembered.
 
Top