[Android] It stops ads but still opening new window

Aerogirl

I am watching cartoons on this website. I open Samsung Internet and just choose a player (mostly openload.io) and that's super great that ads are actually stopped (warning - some of pop-ups after hitting "play" contain "adult ads" - if you open the link without AdGuard) but, unlike the Mac/Pc version - new windows are opened anyway. You got to click "play" two times to actually start playing the video, and every click triggers a new window. No ads, just the message "the connection is unreachable".

That's not such a big deal but if I could speed up the process (just play, without closing those windows) it would be totally awesome.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
We need exact url which contains the video and your filters.

Aerogirl

Sorry for the wrong section - I wasn't sure where to put it as commercial are stopped and just blank window is opened.

For example here (but the problem occurs with every video opened in an openload player):
https://openload.co/embed/WKLlgTAjPO0

EDIT: https://www.rapidvideo.com/embed/FTIEXTPNFV - When I open this player, I get the red AdGuard info window saying that this site may be dangerous and asking me if I want to access it - well, I don't. I don't want to even open it, so I think rapidvideo should be filtered too.

In filters:
Ad blocking (5/5)
-AdGuard Base filter
- AdGuard Mobile Ads filter
- EasyList
- Peter Lowe's list

Privacy (1/5)
- AdGuard Tracking Protection filter

Social (1/2)
- AdGuard Social Media filter

Security (3/3)
- Malware Domains
- Spam404
- NoCoin Filter List

Annoyances (4/7)
- AdGuard Annoyances filter
- Fanboy's Annoyances
- Adblock Warning Removal List
- (Obsolete) Anti- Adblock Killer | Reek

Language-specific (9/62)
- Official Polish filters for AdBlock, uBlock Origin & AdGuard
- Polskie Filtry Ciasteczkowe
- Polish Anti Adblock Filters
- EasyList Polish
- KAD - Przekręty
- Polskie Filtry Społecznościowe
- Polskie Filtry Elementów Irytujących
- Polskie Filtry RSS
- Polskie Filttry Wewnętrzne

(I probably don't need all of those, but I thought that turning on "some more" will resolve the problem from this topic)

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
No warning or window reproduced on my Android.
Do you have AdGuard DNS Family protection enabled?
Do you have high quality filtering active?

Aerogirl

I'll check that tonight how it looks on Android but I have a very similar situation on iOS.
The only difference is that on iPhone it doesn't just open window with "no connection" but opens up eg. Aliexpress. On iOS I don't have AdGuard DNS Family protection and I don't know where should I check if "quality filtering" is on.