Anti-Adblock solution progress...

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Not sure what's going on with a dedicated solution, if anything at the moment.

Right now the best solution is to report sites running Anti-Adblock to the Missed Ads section of the forums.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Ehhh, AAK-Cont is developed by uBlock Protector developer, so the devs likely won't add the filter to the available filters list (due to the past issues with the developer). That said, it's likely possible to manually get it working through Adguard (manual import of the filter URL + userscript within extensions... though, it might be a PITA to get working).

@avatar what's the status of the dedicated Anti-Adblock solution(s)?

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Boo Berry I personally am not sure if it's worth it. AFAIK, currently, only those rules that hide the harmless antiadblock elements (like banners that ask you to disable it but doesn't do anything else) go to Annoyances filter, all other end up being in English/language-specific filters that you are supposed to use anyway.

I guess @avatar is better equipped to answer this question, but he's kinda busy and I don't know if he'll be able to find this memo among all his other endless notifications. Probably a better chance is to catch him on GitHub.