Anti Virus Programs

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by evilvibes, Feb 6, 2018.

1. evilvibes

evilvibes New Member

Is there any info on what Anti Virus programs are compatible with AdGuard Windows and Mac?. As i been seeing a lot of them are classing AdGuard as a AV and don't recommend using both at the same time. I do not consider AdGuard as a AV and didn't buy it for that. What do you classify AdGuard as?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Windows Defender? =P

Honestly, Defender is all I use these days. AdGuard is an all-purpose blocker, IMO.

3. evilvibes

evilvibes New Member

Windows Defender is a terrible choice. I'm also looking for info for Windows and Mac.

4. Boo Berry

Why is it a terrible choice? It's greatly improved as of late (and its detection rate in real-world tests is nearly 100% now).

5. evilvibes

evilvibes New Member

6. Boo Berry

Ehhh, I think I'll stick with Defender.

On the bright side, Windows Defender does play nice with AdGuard for Windows.

7. gustms

gustms Member

ESET Internet Security 11 works flawlessly here alongside AdGuard for Windows.

8. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

I can say Avira A/V free is one of the best A/V's with one of the highest virus protections ratings and it works fine with Adguard!

9. Bayazid B. Halim

Bayazid B. Halim New Member

I swear by Bitdefender - it got good reviews, it's pretty light, it has decent extra features, and I managed to get it pretty cheap from an affiliate program.

10. for_adguard

for_adguard Beta Tester

I think, there is no need any antivirus program, if you use one of AG products in your desktop or mobile phone.

11. Boo Berry

Bitdefender is known to do some questionable things like injecting its DLLs into applications and causing ntdll.dll crashes, including with AdGuard for Windows.

I honestly believe most antivirus software does more harm than good. Just look at the Windows Meltdown/Spectre patch debacle and some antivirus applications preventing the patch from installing because they don't set the correct registry key.

for_adguard likes this.
  12. Bayazid B. Halim

Bayazid B. Halim New Member

At the very least, one should have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. As for me, since I use a laptop and deals with flashdisks quite a lot, an anti-virus pretty much a necessity to me. A lot of people having some virus in their flashdisks here, in Indonesia, at least. I've settled on Bitdefender because I've had bad experiences or at least some hassles with the other big-name anti-virus, while Bitdefender has served me well in this past two years.

13. Boo Berry

Well, I don't even use Malwarebytes anymore (even as a on-demand scanner) since v3 launched due to how buggy and bloated it has become. I know I could just simply use an older version, but I don't really see a need to.

Toni Kumpula and for_adguard like this.
  14. Joshua_Taylor

Joshua_Taylor New Member

I'm also personally using Windows Defender its really a great antivirus software for windows.

15. Toni Kumpula

Toni Kumpula New Member

I agree 100% with how bloated Malwarebytes has become, it was one of the best in the past but unfortunately they had to ruin it. When I had a pc I used to love Kaspersky Internet Security, it had all the things I needed and never failed me; I used Kaspersky for years and if I ever get a new pc I will install Kaspersky on it without any hesitation.