App and adguard DNS question

DavidCMC

if I can add the adguard DNS to my iPhone. Would there be any point of having the app now since it was updated or?
You can only add Adguard DNS to wifi connection. By using Adguard Pro and its fake VPN mechanism, you can also add the custom DNS to cellular data traffic.

So, Adguard Pro for iOS is basically the option to set custom DNS for cellular data and to configure blacklists with simplified domain name filter.

Dustin Money

You can only add Adguard DNS to wifi connection. By using Adguard Pro and its fake VPN mechanism, you can also add the custom DNS to cellular data traffic.

So, Adguard Pro for iOS is basically the option to set custom DNS for cellular data and to configure blacklists with simplified domain name filter.
Gotcha. So I have been using the DNS now for about a day and a half. So far it works like 60% of the time. The DNS itself has very high downtime it seems. Any fix to this?

tkukoc

Gotcha. So I have been using the DNS now for about a day and a half. So far it works like 60% of the time. The DNS itself has very high downtime it seems. Any fix to this?
What filters are you using? If you have a ton of stuff checked off it's going to take longer to retrieve from the DNS. I've been using this new version on a couple different devices, ipad's and phone's.. I haven't seen any difference from the past version. All ad's are being blocked other than youtube which is it's own animal so I don't blame this app at all.

medinauta

I believe the AdGuard DNS server uses the “Simplified Domain Names” filter, which is composed by several other filters (English filter, Social media filter, Spyware filter, Mobile ads filter, EasyList and EasyPrivacy).

Personally, I have some filters ON, for Safari cosmetic sake too so it also hides the placeholder for the ads instead of showing a blank space:

• English filter
  • Social Media filter
  • Annoyances filter
  • Mobile Apps
  • Safari
  • Fanboy’s Annoyances and
  • Fanboy’s Enhance Tracking List

Dustin Money

IMG_0028.PNG
What exactly do you mean by downtime? Is it slow, or does it not work at all at times?
Correct. Here is a screenshot for instance. It stops working. I toggle it off in the app to have no vpn and turn off the DNS and reload the page and it loads just fine. It does this a lot. It affects me getting my mail, different websites and apps.

medinauta

Yes, That is still happening, seems like it’s when Adguard DNS is active and then switch to a Wi-Fi connection from Cellular and viceversa.

It didn’t happen from home Wifi to cellular when left this morning, it was working fine at home and when left it switched to cellular with no problem. Then hit the gym Wifi and didn’t work, I turned DNS settings status to OFF and then ON again and all was good, left the gym and the same thing happen when automatically connected to cellular, OFf/ON solved it, get to work and switched automatically to the work Wifi and happened again, same when left the building and returned.

Seems like when “Full-Tunnel” is ON and there’s a signal switch there’s no data at all, meaning nothing loads as with no internet connection, and with “Split-Tunnel” ON and a signal switch the pages load but extremely slow.

medinauta

Both Gym and work Wifi have website restrictions maybe it has to do with it. Will check if happen the same when returning home tonight after it switches from Cellular to my home Wifi.

medinauta

Both Gym and work Wifi have website restrictions maybe it has to do with it. Will check if happen the same when returning home tonight after it switches from Cellular to my home Wifi.
Update:
Left work and as stated before, switched from Wifi to Cellular data and connection was VERY slow, Adguard DNS website status said I wasn’t using their DNS although everything was connnected both in VPN settings and in Adguard. Turned it OFF/ON and all good on Cellular, got home, switched automatically to home Wifi and Adguard stayed connected and loading everything fast with Adguard DNS checked on website.

tiberian83

Beta Tester
Same bug here. Switching from WLAN to cell date most of the times breaks internet connection. I then have to turn off Adguard Pro manually so internet works again.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We will test it on our end (minor difficulties atm) and let you know if we were able to pinpoint the bug.