App filtering

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Android)' started by Lola, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Lola

Lola New Member

Please, add the filtering also for the Android apps! I hate so much all those ads...
    You did a great job with browser filtering, now it's time for apps. In your website you state that the premium version of adguard for Android allows to block app ads, but it's not true (I tried the premium version).

Please add this feature,

Thanks

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Filtering apps only works with the standalone installer APK file that can be downloaded from the main Adguard site and not from the Google Play store. The version of Adguard from the Google Play store doesn't have app filtering capabilities (so it'll conform to Google's terms of service).

If you want app filtering;

1) Uninstall Adguard from the Play Store app.
    2) IMPORTANT: Remove Adguard from your apps list in the Play Store app. This needs to be done or else when there's an update to Adguard for Android it'll download the update from the Play Store (and thus removing app filtering) instead of Adguard's local servers.
    3) VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure your security settings in Android allow apps from unknown sources to be installed.
    4) Download the standalone installer using your browser of choice from here: http://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/manual-install.html#instruction
    5) Install Adguard by opening the .apk file you've downloaded.

You'll need to setup Adguard again, but the setting for apps filtering should be present.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  3. Lola

Lola New Member

Thank you very much Boo Berry, i'm testing app filtering right now and it's perfect, like your fast and accurate reply :)

i love this application!

Greetings, and many thanks again

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

You're quite welcome and greetings to you too! :)

5. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

You don't need to do it since standalone version now has it's own digital signature.