Applock ads

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by ksmith08, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ksmith08

ksmith08 New Member

2. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Administrator Staff Member Administrator

3. ksmith08

ksmith08 New Member

4. TheHasagi

5. ksmith08

ksmith08 New Member

Not using any dns. I'm using English, spyware, and mobile ads filter

6. ksmith08

ksmith08 New Member

And one more thing @TheHasagi I really don't appreciate my GitHub case being closed without any resolution.

https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardFilters/issues/15771#event-1678390111

I'm taking time to report these issues but your guys just closing my reports. He said this ad cannot be blocked. But it's not true. I used another adblocking app netguard and it blocked this ad.

So even if it's something cannot be fixed right now pls ask your Devs to respect your users. Just closing the case seems like an insulting and trust me I have better things to do than reporting bugs.

7. TheHasagi

@ksmith08

Very sorry if that action was inconvenient and irritated for you, my colleague was just saying that AdGuard cannot make changes with already cached ads in the application. (That means you may install that app before AdGuard).

The solution may lay in re-installation of application.

Can you just delete and re-install the application, then, go to AdGuard - Apps Management and take a look for a checkbox near that application (That means AdGuard can filter this application from now on).

Do not hesitate to share your results!

8. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Moderator

Couldn't reproduce on fresh install of the app while AdGuard was running in the background. Strangely also no network requests were shown.

9. ksmith08

ksmith08 New Member

@TheHasagi @Blaz thank you

this is weird.. ever since yesterday night i couldn't reproduce the issue. I saw a message "3 filters updated" - did you release any filter updates which regards to this googleads?

I guess i will monitor for a while