Apply the rule to all websites not working?

Bushido

Hi,

after I have enabled ,,Apply the rule to all websites" in Adguard Assistant and clicked ,,Block", then ad reappears after refresh of a web-page.
After I just click ,,Block", then ad disappears completely.
Is this normal or am I not understanding the,,Apply the rule to all websites" function?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Has the site you are referring to a genericblock exclusion in filtering log?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
@@||test.com^$genericblock

That is a genericblock exclusion.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Bushido
I tried this for two random websites and couldn't achieve the same result as you. Please provide 2-3 specific examples of websites and elements to block to reproduce this problem.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Bushido
hm, for example, for the blue bar on forum.adguard.com, does the rule you create look like this?
Code:
##footer:nth-child(3)
For me it does, and refreshing the page doesn't make the bar appear again.

Bushido

@vasily_bagirov
Assistant creates this rule:
Code:
##footer:nth-child(2) > div.footer > div.pageWidth > div.pageContent
During preview window, it disappears but after refreshing the page, it appears again.

Bushido

I have tried to move the slider but still no luck. ,,Apply the rule to all websites" has been working before but now it is not :/

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Bushido sure, but it's either today or after the June 11th - Im going to be on vacation these days. Please PM me or send a Skype message.

Bushido

This is still happening. :(
Perhaps I have tweaked something that has broken this function or this function does not work when something is enabled/disabled...

UMX

My guess was that "apply to all sites" modifier isn't compatible /w content hiding rules (see his examples!).
And it IMO wasn't supposed to at all.