Apps where AdGuard for Android can't filter and/or remove the ads from!

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Android)' started by Boo Berry, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Gray.Fox

Gray.Fox New Member

I'm no expert on this stuff but could we use an overlay as a temporary fix? I would rather view a dim screen I can still touch without a hostile takeover of audio (usually have headphones and music) versus touch anything *load Play Store* with bang bang plant this merge these, get now now NAO!

2. d0x

d0x New Member

In tuber simulator I don't think so. The app will actually pause (during an ad) if something is being drawn over it. Even the the notification drawer will cause the app to stop and wait for you. Though after saying that.. nothing is impossible

3. macfan-pl

macfan-pl New Member

If ADG cannot block ads out-of-the-box than what's the point of having ADG installed? Especially paid version? There is absolutely no sense in having it installed yet alone to pay for this useless piece of software (not to say more strongly)

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

It's not AG for Android's fault it can't remove ads from some apps. Partially it's because some apps (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) are double encrypted and mostly it's because some apps on Android 7 and above don't trust user certificates anymore, which makes filtering impossible without rooting and moving AG's certificate to the system store.

That might seem 'bad', but there are workarounds for apps (YouTube, Facebook, etc.) which work pretty well. Other than that, ad blocking is much, much better on Android than it is on iOS.

5. macfan-pl

macfan-pl New Member

Would say otherwise, but no offense here.....
    On iOS ADG just works o-o-t-b, whereas on Android I (and many of users) can't get past green, full-screen slider.... so no, its not working on Android at all.....

6. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Ad blocking on iOS is way worse and limited scope than on Android, hands down.

7. macfan-pl

macfan-pl New Member

May be, but at least its fully working. On contrary to iOS, that on Android refuses to work.....

8. d0x

d0x New Member

Adguard on android works 99.99% of the time. Out of every app on my phone there is only 1 that it can't block ads in and I have a TON of apps.

It blocks all browser based ads as well and can also act as a firewall denying apps access to the use of any data

The only way to get 100% ad blocking on Android is via rooting the device but that is beyond the skill of most people and outright impossible with certain phones altogether, especially if you're on Verizon and buy your device through Verizon.

I bought 3 lifetime licenses for mobile. 1 of those was used on a rooted pixel xl... The fact that I decided to use adguard instead of root based methods speaks volumes to the quality of this software..

I also use it on Windows in place of any adblocking browser extensions and it works better there as well without the risk that comes with extensions these days.

9. macfan-pl

macfan-pl New Member

As far as Windows than I agree :: ADG works great; Just as it should be,

10. d0x

d0x New Member

I dunno.. you lost me. I don't understand how anyone could think it doesn't work amazingly well on Android and that's with Google doing everything they can to prevent ad blocking.

What exactly is the issue? There are MILLIONS of Android apps and adguard doesn't block ads in a handful of them.

You can also use an adblocking dns.

Nothing is perfect... nothing, but as far as Android adblocking goes there is nothing better. Even root based methods have major issues that adguard doesn't.

11. BACILIYATSIA

BACILIYATSIA New Member

The app is PewDiePie tuber simulater. No matter how hard I try and how many thing I experiment with via the log I can't figure out a way to filter the ads out.

It used to work but the app devs changed something and now adguard can't seem to block them

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  12. Rintenfinten

Rintenfinten New Member

Any idea how I could get rid of the full screen ads in KICKBASE app?

13. Chinaski

Chinaski Support Marine Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Rintenfinten
    Try to enable HTTPS filtration in Apps management.