Assistant NOT showing on HTTPS sites, extensions also not working

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Dolfi, Nov 23, 2014.

  1. Dolfi

    Dolfi Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2014
    Messages:
    218
    Hi,
    AG 5.10, only AdGuard filters enabled, only std-extensions enabled (except WOT), HTTPS filtering enabled, AdGuard_CA.cer imported as root cert.
    The adguard assistant is not showing on the same site when using HTTPS where it shows up when using HTTP. Example: http://www.wikipedia.org/ vs. https://www.wikipedia.org/
    Also the extensions appear not to work (when enabled ;)) when using HTTPS sites (like youtube, greasyfork.org)

    How to solve?
     
  2. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    What browser do you use? Is opion 'filter https protocol' checked under settings -> network?
     
  3. Dolfi

    Dolfi Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2014
    Messages:
    218
    ;)

    Several browsers. FF, Safari. IE.
    Versions irrelevant as HTTP connections show the AGA.
     
  4. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    12,898
    I have tested this issue and everything works fine for me.

    But there is a difference. I use the latest beta version, not the latest release. And we've fixed some bugs with userscripts support.
    Could you please check this issue in the latest beta?

    You can get it by this link:
    https://download.adguard.com/d/2/adguardInstallerBeta.exe
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  5. Boo Berry

    Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

    Joined:
    May 30, 2012
    Messages:
    3,214
    In fact, I'd try uninstalling Adguard (back up your user filter first, then when the uninstaller prompts have it remove all existing settings) and reinstalling using the beta link. That way we can start with a clean slate.

    Also, you might want to put some specs in your signature, e.g. OS, anti-virus/security suites/etc., Adguard version, filters used, network driver used in Adguard (either the default TDI or WFP driver), browsers, etc. Take my signature for Windows as an example here. :)
     
  6. Dolfi

    Dolfi Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2014
    Messages:
    218
    did so by installing (regular) 5.10 to a fresh VM (std. install /w std. lists and modules, proxy mode but no external proxy). Might be a compatibility issue: FF 33.1.1 works, IE8 doesn't (neither HTTP nor HTTPS) nor does Safari o iOS 5.1.1 (HTTP shows the assstant, https doesn't).
    OS is XPSP3 (or Win2k3SP2), WFP drivers do not exist anymore in 5.10 (at least according to the screenshot here), no AV, no other addons.

    To be honest I dislike your signature :eek:. Guess how many serach results I get (and how many of them are useful!!) when I search for "proxy".
    With a forum search that does not ignore signatures those like yours are very counterproductive, rendering serach useless.

    P.S. The BETA link provided above might not work:
    BETA.png
     
  7. chaos88

    chaos88 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    For me adguard's assistant extension is not working with site youtube.com and adguard is not even filtering that site anyhow. This is with chrome x64 dev build 41.0.2224.3 and with any other builds too. Works fine with IE 11.

    Tried with adguard's latest beta version installed but now I'm not able to browse websites with chrome. It just says connection error but again with IE 11 works fine. Tried with both TDI and WFP drivers.. same results. Disabled ad filtering in adguard and now I'm able to browse sites with chrome. Is this a know bug in latest beta..? Installed adguard's latest stable build and no problem enough more browsing with chrome.. well if we don't count issue with youtube.com.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  8. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    12,898
    Looks like a bug of beta version. We'll check it, thank you!

    I think that disabling QUIC in chrome://flags should help (temporary workaround).

    ---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

    Sorry, wrong link. Proper link is: https://download.adguard.com/d/2/adguardInstallerBeta.exe
     
  9. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    12,898
    The problem was not in QUIC, it was beta version bug.

    Could you please try the latest beta? (we've just updated it).
     
  10. chaos88

    chaos88 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    The latest beta of adguard works flawlessly with chrome.
    Nice job! :)
     
  11. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    12,898
    Great, thank you!
     
  12. Dolfi

    Dolfi Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2014
    Messages:
    218
    AdGuard appears to have fixed their filters, ALL my (test) systems do work now.

    Thank you, avatar/AG.
     
  13. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    12,898
    Great, glad to hear it!