Assistant sometimes slows down loading of the page

Discussion in 'Technical Support (Adguard for Windows)' started by tox1c90, May 4, 2014.

1. tox1c90

tox1c90 Beta Tester

Hello!

I have a problem with the Adguard assistant which is maybe just noticeable when you have a very fast internet connection. In most cases the pages are loading much faster than the Adguard assistant appears in the lower right corner.
    On my PC it takes approximately 1-2 additional seconds from the time when the page is loaded completely until the assistant symbol appears.

In this period of time, I'm not able to scroll down the site because the whole tab is stalling. This happens in both Chrome and IE (haven't tested it with other Browsers). So I always have to wait some seconds for the assistant to load until I can interact with the website.

If I disable the assistant, everything is snappy again and I can already start scrolling while the page is still loading.

Can someone else reproduce this issue?

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Off the top of my head, I've maybe got a few theories why the Assistant doesn't appear immediately when the page is loading;

1) The Assistant, since it's a userscript now, might be set to start at document-end once the page is loaded. I know looking at the source code to a injected webpage (google.com in this case) the Assistant code is injected at the end. Changing it to document-start probably won't make a difference and *could potentially* present different types of issues.

2) The Assistant might be waiting on the website data from the Web Of Trust (WOT) database and will only become visible once said data on website has been received.

Not sure why the scrolling stuff happens - I don't have a fast enough web connection to test this.

3. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Boo is right about things that could cause it.

We plan to move WOT integration into a new extension in 5.10, it could help.