Bandwidth saved

The Seeker

I think a 'bandwidth saved' section (alongside 'blocked ads' and 'blocked trackers') in the app would be a most handy feature.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@The Seeker maybe one day if we go for a redesign, or if we decide to introduce a "Statistics" tab? But for most users out there this is not what they care about, not on desktop at least.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I agree with a tab. I'd also like to request some options in regards to statistics; an option to automatically clear statistics every X minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/etc. and an option to disable statistics, since they can be distracting, IMO.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, just to be clear, this is nothing more than me getting maybes out of thin air. And I am not even a dev, so don't get too excited :)

Betsy25

Who knows what bandwidth would be saved. If you block a first request adserver (which in itself would request another dozen adservers), you can never have a clear idea how much is blocked. The blocked content might seem small to what would be blocked if you didn't catch the first baddy in the list.

I have to admit it would be cool to know the stats on what was blocked like pi hole does but i guess out of curiosity, as i have adguard on android i have an idea of how bad the situation is, i think roughly 20-30% of my data is saved due to adguard a month, so i would guess this could be similar or higher on a desktop environment but probably about 10-20% at a rough guess at my own stats.