battery usage

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by Lola, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Lola

Lola New Member

when i'm with wifi connection, adguard affects battery for just 1% (reading the statistics on the default lollipop battery screen) and i like it so much :D

but when i'm with 3g data i noticed that adguards consumes much more, and it's absolutely the app that uses most battery, even more than screen :confused:

it's very strange, maybe it's an "error" of the phone (for example it's an error showing that adguards uses all the data, when in reality it's because of chrome or all the other apps filtered)?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

3. Lola

Lola New Member

i use the default battery monitor present in android 5.0, i think anyway it's just a mistake by android system under 3g data connection.

from now i'll chek also the thread on wilders :)

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Maybe it's an Android 5.0 quirk? Hmmmm.

5. Freki123

Freki123 New Member

Hi im using Android 4.1.2 and when using adguard with 3g for me its seems like i also got lola's problem. Without adguard i had to charge my phone about all two days with adguard i had to charge it every day.
    I know its not a scientivic solution to meassure the rate but thats how its for me when i have the same usepattern on that days.

6. Freddyfre

Freddyfre New Member

Battery consumption unacceptable Nexus 5
    Today no opening page internet

[​IMG]

7. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello! The battery consumption 'problem' is very similar to the one with traffic consumption. Android sees all the traffic that is filtered by ADguard as consumed by Adguard itself. And since the battery consumption is based on CPU and traffic usage (with a coefficient), Adguard is always in the top. One more nuance: for smartphones this coefficient is significantly higher than for tablets, and that's why you see such big numbers as on your screenshot.

8. Freddyfre

Freddyfre New Member

Without AdGuard the evening average is 50% of the battery
    With AdGuard residual 25-30%

9. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hm, and what applications do you normally use? Of course only those are of unterest that have access to the Internet.

10. Nihilus

Nihilus Beta Tester

I have a similar problem.
    The weird thing is, that most of the time the battery usage is max 5% with full usage of the phone(Chrome, google+, YouTube.. Nothing extraordinary).
    But then there are times when it exceeds like in the Screenshot. Same phone usage. Screenshot_2015-03-01-01-04-05.png

11. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator