Beta Tester section restructure proposal

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I'll continue my post from here with a template proposal for the beta tester section. I'm thinking it'll merge the testing of betas and extension betas, if there are extension betas for us to test;

Beta Testing (English)
- Release Notes
(Release notes for the latest Adguard beta + extension beta builds)
- Discussion
(Discussion of Adguard beta + extension beta builds and general discussion for beta testers)
- Quality Control
(Has an issue popped up during beta testing? Please post about it here so it can be taken care of before general release!)

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it's time to create some rules in this section.

With Android and Mac versions it's hard to understand what's going on:)

At least we could mark threads with a prefix like [MAC] [ANDROID] [WIN].

Dolfi

Banned
I still prefer different boards, it helps browsing forum and finding threads.
Why browse 10 pages of a board to find 7 threads about the product you use/test?

BTW: Boards are free, no additional cost and (almost) no additional server capacity needed ;)

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I still prefer different boards, it helps browsing forum and finding threads.
Why browse 10 pages of a board to find 7 threads about the product you use/test?

BTW: Boards are free, no additional cost and (almost) no additional server capacity needed ;)
Can only say once again that a separate Mac board will be created with the release of a Mac version. At least that's the plan atm.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Adding additional boards for beta testing would cause so much clutter too. It's much easier to append [Mac], [Android] and [Windows] to the beta testing topics.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I'm wondering, would it be possible to add a Web Browser sub-forum to the General section? I'm thinking we can post browser news, web browser development and other browser-related topics there.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm wondering, would it be possible to add a Web Browser sub-forum to the General section? I'm thinking we can post browser news, web browser development and other browser-related topics there.
I think we can start this in Off-Topic section and if this would be popular enough we will create a separate sub-forum