Big Sur Safari won't open websites after Adding Adguard Proxy Configuration

Vishwamurthy

Hi team,

I am on the latest Big Sur release (October 14). After resetting the settings, Safari seems to be working only until I Add Proxy Configuration for Adguard.
My Adguard version is: Application version 2.5.0.902 release (CL-1.7.119)

Once I Add the Proxy Configuration, even Google and MSN stop working.

Although I rarely used Safari in Catalina, it was working just fine.
However since Apple claims to have improved their tracking protection capabilities in Big Sur Safari, I wanted to give it a try. But that seems to have a conflict with Adguard
Can you help please?

P.S. I use Google Chrome all the time, and there is no problem with it.

Vishwa

Vishwamurthy

Even my Cisco Webex meetings app won't start meetings when Adguard is turned on. Should I open a new thread or continue here?

andrwmai

I have the same issue here. Have you gotten around to find a fix? Currently disabling Adguard to use Safari now.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
You might need to use the latest AdGuard for Mac nightly build, as the stable version is currently broken in Big Sur beta 10.

Vishwamurthy

I received a response from Adguard Support to download Mac Nightly. Once I did, it Safari started working seamlessly.

Vishwa

andrwmai

I received a response from Adguard Support to download Mac Nightly. Once I did, it Safari started working seamlessly.

Vishwa
Does YouTube work for you? The latest Nightly build breaks YouTube for me, it just shows "An error has occurred. Please try again later."

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
YouTube works fine for me here in Safari, Chrome and Edge. Odd that I can't reproduce it though.

andrwmai

YouTube works fine for me here in Safari, Chrome and Edge. Odd that I can't reproduce it though.
I've turned off HTTPS filtering in AdGuard Preferences and the error message goes away. However, I still can't watch videos because the wheel keeps spinning forever and there are ads too.