Block ad embedded within a webplayer?

AdamSwine

hello. in the screenshot you will see like what i am trying to block. there, that little black square in the red circle. that is the ad.

how can i block it? anyone?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Try to check filtering log when the ad plays and try to block it. That ad marker is usually set in players settings and not so easy to remove rather than just block the ad video.

Could you please post full url.

AdamSwine

okay! so, i checked the filtering log and found something there that seems to help. however, it doesn't appear static and the rule may stop working the next day. it appears to work just fine on the next episode, but too early to say if it ever gets randomized.

full URL : https://ww2.movies123.pro/tv-series/transformers-prime-audio-eng/oVp0Xa9z/lBdlVpJw/WmKKxeyE-watch-free.html

that leads to episode 1.

if you plan to visit there, then you might consider preempting some ads. this is what i have been blocking...
movies123.pro/addons/partners*
movies123.pro/addons/try*
ww2.movies123.pro###MXOsZrxKpCgHFVyAdywd
ww2.movies123.pro##.JUxTVnrTckuwRDOgrxZf

with the newly discovered rule, we can block the embedded ad too...
||ww2.movies123.pro/xcbdhdasdfr$domain=ww2.movies123.pro,important

that is the line i added to block that ad in question. with it blocked, all i notice is a very quick flicker. it doesn't even seem to actually interrupt the playback, because i don't notice the flicker in the audio. so, this is very good.

so far this is very good. but if you have any further advice or are able to help more... like trying to pinpoint something more exact to block, then that would be awesome. otherwise, i can totally consider this a success. ^_^ thanks a ton!

P.S. i don't know if "embedded" is correct. lemme know! :D

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Ad break is not displayed when I check on Chrome/FireFox Extension and Windows app. Fixed other stuff.
Please check @Adam

Adam

Filters Developer
Staff member
I can't reproduce this ad break, it's fixed by this rule on my end:
Code:
||p.jwpcdn.com/*/vast.js$important,domain=fmovies.gallery|vidmoly.to|movies123.pro|gdriveplayer.co|vidmoly.me|01fmovies.com|gomovies.tube|123movies.domains|fmovies.cab|tornadomovies.co|scr.cr|1movies.is|rapidrame.com|tornadomovies.to|animeland.tv|timesnownews.com|film21.online|opjav.com
Maybe try to clear cache and/or refresh website using "Ctrl+F5"

AdamSwine

what filters are you two using?

i only have enabled the Adguard Base Filter. i have several times tried other filters and have once had like a dozen of them active. but in the end the only one i seem to ever need is the base filter. even with several others added, they don't seem to block any more ad's on websites i often browse than just the base filter alone.

AdamSwine

the old rule, ||movies123.pics/xcbdhdasdfr$domain=movies123.pics,important, modified some but still works. something over on the site changed. .pro changed to .pics.

also the rule posted above no longer works, even after changing the .pro to .pics. it appears to have something to do with
p.jwpcdn.com. i guess something else is being used now.

what filter set originally contained that rule?