Block EU cookie messages?

Discussion in 'Missed Ads' started by streetwolf, Sep 9, 2014.

1. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

Do you think you could add a filter to get rid of those pesky EU cookie messages? I've been using this in my User filter ---> ###EUCookieMsg.

2. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I see your already using Fanboy's Annoyance list so that should block them already and will block additional ones too.

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Link(s) to sites where these occur? I notice them too at random.

4. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I find that the Annoyance list blocks some stuff that IMO shouldn't be blocked so I decided to only use FB's Social Media list. It does indeed block EU cookies as you stated.

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

6. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

Nameless.... None of your lists have the filter ###EUCookieMsg to block the cookie message on the amd site. Being in the U.S I don't visit many EU sites. I guess since AMD is international they produce the message even in the U.S.

7. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Im in the UK and im not getting the message at this type so am unable to confirm or deny it.

Anyway, it depends on what the site names that box in this case AMD have added "msg" to the end of it others have eucookies, eucookie, eucookie_disclaimer, eucookiebar, eucookiepolicycontainer. Its like if i set up my own site i could call it "eucookiecrumble" it seems to me though that the prebake list needs updating as alot are missing from there. Only thing you can do is notify a list admin and let them know see if they add it to their lists.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/liamja/Prebake/master/obtrusive.txt

8. fanboy

fanboy Member

Hmm? Like what does it block that it shouldn't?