block search in twitter

dragonx83

hi how would i block twitter search i tried selecting the element but if i like restart my pc or shut down or something or close my browser it resets it pelase help im new to custom filters

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Could you please show a screenshot of the page section you want to block?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
This rule definitely works - I tested it in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer;

<removed>

If you're still seeing the search box, make sure your browser cache is cleared. If you're still seeing the search box after clearing the browser cache, perhaps something like security software (e.g. anti-virus) or a browser extension is causing HTTPS filtering to fail?

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonx83

no it didnt work i can right click and use the block ad on the page and select an element and block but its not permanent :(

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
You're using the Chrome browser extension? If so disable all other extensions and try again with the first filter rule I posted (not the second as it won't work with the browser extensions).

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonx83

well i enter it now in adgaurd and it doesnt even recognise twitter.com$$form[id="global-nav-search"] as a valid user rule i type it all in hit the little tick next to it then it all jsut dissappears and it doesnt save please help i jsut reinstalled chrome it does the same thing and its the only browser that will work with my pc

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I was talking about your statement "i type it all in hit the little tick next to it then it all jsut dissappears "
And with search bar I meant the one in user filter at the top.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
That rule doesn't work if you're using the browser extension for Chrome. Just use this, it works fine here;

Code:
twitter.com###global-nav-search

Nameless

Beta Tester
The code Boo has posted should work, if when you restart the browser or machine and the search bar is visible on twitter then you need to check to see if the code is still in adguard (click the adguard icon > adguard settings > check your user filters) if the code is still there and so is the twitter search bar then you need to try disabling all your other browser extensions to see one of them is conflicting with adguard.

I tried boo's code in Firefox with sandboxie on and all seemed to work fine. Of cause i had to find a random twitter page as i dont use it myself.