Block WebRTC IP address leaks

sysfu

I use a VPN server when for privacy and notice that the latest version of FireFox leaks several IP addresses when visiting sites such as whoer.net.

Leaked IP addresses include local LAN IP and public IP of local ISP gateway.

I'm not sure if Adguard is the appropriate place to block such leaks, but I thought I'd ask and get a discussion about it going.

deleted

Beta Tester
This is a browser level leak....I'm not too sure if Adguard can block these type of leaks but then again I wouldn't want it to do it as well.
Suppose a scenario where you have paused ur adblocker(even if it provided WEBRTC protection), the moment u paused ur adblocker it will leak.
And hence is not suggested.
What you can do is go to about:config
search for the entry 'media.peer.connection.enabled' (without the quotes) and set it to false.
This will protect u from webRTC leaks.
But it will also disable services like Firefox hello.
ur choice what u want....

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's interesting. Added to our tasks list, we'll see if it's possible to block webrtc.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Or simply add this rule to AG user filter:
Code:
#%#window.webkitRTCPeerConnection = undefined; window.mozRTCPeerConnection = undefined; navigator.mozGetUserMedia = undefined; navigator.webkitGetUserMedia = undefined; window.MediaStreamTrack = undefined; window.AudioContext = undefined; window.webkitAudioContext = undefined; window.RTCPeerConnection = function() {};