Blocked Content does not stay blocked, why? Needhelp!

Core

Blocking Content is the most useful feature of all these Ad blockers, so that is the reason I use them mostly.

When I block content it works as expected, but for some reason now the blocked content rules get reset to nothing when I restart the browser, it did not used to do this, it's like it is deleting my block content rules every time the browser restarts, anybody know why I'm have this problem?

1641752120404.png

Core

Which site are you trying to block content on? And what content is this?
Well, every site so far, so i think it is all sites. I select lots things to block, and it works normal, i can reload the page, or click a link or go back, but when i close my browser and re-open it i have to start all over again, it's like it 'forgets'.

In the past AdGuard used to remember what i blocked, but now it does not... =(

Incidentally AdBlock/+ can do the same thing, block content that is, if AdGuard keeps doing this i may have to use those Add-Ons instead, but i hope i find out the problem and not go back to other Add-Ons.

a.shulgin

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Well, every site so far, so i think it is all sites. I select lots things to block, and it works normal, i can reload the page, or click a link or go back, but when i close my browser and re-open it i have to start all over again, it's like it 'forgets'.

In the past AdGuard used to remember what i blocked, but now it does not... =(

Incidentally AdBlock/+ can do the same thing, block content that is, if AdGuard keeps doing this i may have to use those Add-Ons instead, but i hope i find out the problem and not go back to other Add-Ons.
Please check whether the rules that you add through the extension remain in the user rules.
Also try clearing the cache and checking again.

Core

I looked at the User Rules and i have 65 of them on my Win10 laptop, i cannot tell if they're all of them, but when i go to sites i have to redo them, it's as if it forgets when i restart my browser(Google Chrome)... what part of the browser cache are you saying to clear? I do not want to lose website settings, passswords, form data, etc., please specifically advise, thanks in advance.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Are the rules the same? Or does they have different numbers in brackets?

Core

All the rules look different...
I didn't see brackets in the User Rules, but i did see parentheses, i attached a pic...1643300124237.png

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
If the rules are different then it is normal it does not stay hidden if the site changes their layout.

What do you want to block on which website?