Blocking ads in Soundcloud?

Kevan

Hi

So Im aware of adguard pro being incapable of blocking ads in apps like twitter and instagram because they are native to the platform, and the case is no different for the adguard application for mac (ads on those sites still appear). However, Ive noticed an exception with soundcloud. On mac (in the safari browser), I am able to listen ad-free without a premium subscription, but on the iOS app I am still showed ads in between songs, despite soundcloud's ad requests apparently being blocked (dev.appboy.com, z.moatads.com, and serpens.iad-01.braze.com are all advertising urls that are blocked when loading the soundcloud app).

Im wondering if there is a known difference between the ability of the mac application to block ads on the website version and the ability of the iOS app to do so. Is it patchable?

Thanks for any help.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
and the case is no different for the adguard application for mac (ads on those sites still appear)
Actually, this doesn't sound right. Please report the website via the AdGuard app, this way our filter developers will have a chance to try to fix it.

Im wondering if there is a known difference between the ability of the mac application to block ads on the website version and the ability of the iOS app to do so. Is it patchable?
Yes, AG Pro for iOS has much much less tools compared to desktop, and I won't be surprised if blockind soundcloud ads is not possible there. Still, you can try reporting it too, choose "Missed ad" option after tapping the "Send a message to support" menu item.

Kevan

ctually, this doesn't sound right. Please report the website via the AdGuard app, this way our filter developers will have a chance to try to fix it.
Sorry for the late reply, and I would just like to note that I was mistaken on this point. The adguard app for mac does in fact block the ads on these sites. The difference in resources and abilities between the mac app and the ios app are clear.

As for the soundcloud ads, I was able to provide support with a video demonstrating the ads that appear when using the app, and they mentioned that they would look into the issue. Would it be helpful to open an issue on github regarding this as well? Or at this point has all the information needed been supplied?

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Kevan same for me -- apologies for replying late. I asked the guys at support and they will report the ad. If they need anything else from you, they will contact you via email.