[*] Blocking all access to archive.is

d0x

Hello,

I wanted to report that the site... https://archive.is

Is blocked when using AdGuard on Android using any browser, all English language filters enabled, custom dns disabled. Tested via WiFi and 4g (Verizon)

It also appears to be blocked by cloudflares secure DNS which I know you don't control.

Is there any reason this website archive service is blocked and another like the wayback machine is allowed?

I searched through the websites source and found nothing suspect that would warrant it being completely blocked instead of just having any ads filtered.

It wasn't always blocked, if memory serves it started about roughly 4-6 months ago.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Site opens fine with AdGuard for Windows. Please post required information as outlined in section rules.

d0x

I'll edit for android alone then. I shouldn't have assumed it did just because I'm using an identical filter list.

I tried to submit via the app with logs but it told me to go directly to the forum.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Just tried on latest AdGuard for Android nightly, with and without AdGuard's DNS and site opens fine.

d0x

the topic should probably be removed then. My apologies for being hasty, I only posted here because the apps feedback section asked me questions then directed me to post on the forum. I'll try to figure out what is going on.

I can load the site fine but only if I disable adguard.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Maybe some device issue then. Please post a screenshot of the exact error.