Blocking archive.is

Discussion in 'False Positives' started by d0x, Apr 25, 2019.

1. d0x

d0x New Member

Anytime adguard is running and I click a link to an archive.is or one of there many other archive.* sites it gets blocked.

At first I thought it was a cloudflare DNS issue so I contacted them and they said they aren't blocking any archive.* sites.

The only way I am able to visit a link to the site is shutting adguard off but even if I white list the site it still doesn't work. I'm in a rush atm but I'll post a real url ASAP

*Edit*

So I don't actually need to post any url beyond archive.is because that's blocked and so is archive.io

Basically any of the archive.* Sites don't work with adguard running. When trying to look at any archived site or just the domain itself you get the following error in chrome...

"ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Adguard filtering log https://imgur.com/a/Q4mS6rR

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. Alex302

Alex302 Filters Developer Staff Member Administrator

Please try to disable custom DNS

d0x likes this.
  3. d0x

d0x New Member

I have and it does work on 4g because I use cloudflare DNS via my router but I contacted cloudflare and they said they don't block or filter archive.io or .is or any of them in any way.

So I know it's gotta be the DNS but why would cloudflare claim one thing and do another.

I've also had others who use cloudflare DNS that say they have no issue.

It's just really odd and I don't know who to contact to try and get it fixed. I hate having to shut off adguard and wifi to load an archive because they have trackers and ads.

Any advice? I know it falls outside your purview of support but I really don't know what to do. There is no logical reason for them to block it. It's no different than the wayback machine which they don't block

4. Alex302

I don't know:( On my end I can open this site with proxy only. Even without AdGuard I see the same error.

5. d0x

d0x New Member

Yea it's an odd one. I contacted cloudflare first because all signs pointed to them but they deny any filtering so I figured I'd ask here and see if I could get any more info.

Like I said the only way to view the site is to disable adguard and also wifi but that's because they both use cloudflare DNS and cloudflare is adamant that they aren't blocking it

Thanks for your time on this, I'll contact them again and hopefully resolve it somehow

6. Alex302

Maybe this site has few servers in different regions, and DDoS protestion triggers. Better ask archive.is support/admins.

7. d0x

d0x New Member

I'll give it a try and report back if I find out anything helpful, good idea, thanks.