BlueSnap has a flawed fraud engine

I tried yesterday to extend my AdGuard subscription on my 2 computers for another year. I logged into the website completed all of the information on the credit card, email and state. It turns out that their fraud engine wants to see a correlation between IP and the listed state. I operate with a VPN in CA but live in TN which is my billing address of the credit card which I assumed they wanted. They wanted the state of the IP I was using without giving any warning. I thought I did everything right like valid credit card, requested same license number after logging into the site with my pass word but they rejected my application for no given reason.

aegis

Administrator
Administrator
Hi. Did the payment actually go through after turning your VPN service off? I will contact BS about it, lots of people use vpn, travel\live abroad and keep using their bank cards from home country. This is totally weird.

Hi. Did the payment actually go through after turning your VPN service off? I will contact BS about it, lots of people use vpn, travel\live abroad and keep using their bank cards from home country. This is totally weird.
Actually I use a VPN almost 100% of the time and had I any idea that it was the VPN I could have shut it off. I assumed when they asked me the state it would be for the billing addess not to correlate with the IP address. I've used a VPN to transfer big$ via PayPal without any problems. When I asked BlueSnap of the second refusal of my credit cards if was a VPN problem they just told my the "fraud engine" wouldn't approve my transaction which was totally valid with no fraud involved. I never tred to execute the transaction again but if I had the VPN off it probable would have went trough. That's why I said there "fraud engine" is flawed as it would flag as a fraud anyone using a VPN. Stupid is you ask me.