Browser CPU Spike - Adguard 7.4/7.4.1

Jbennett360

Are there any others out there that seem to be having this issue at all?

It feels like ever since i updated to 7.4 and 7.4.1 that my upon launching a browser (With the assistant) the CPU seems to spike, before settling down after a few seconds?

It could be purely coincidental, but, nothing else on my system has changed that could cause this?

Woomera

I'm having issues as well ever since I updated to 7.4/7.4.1. One being the CPU spikes and another one is I have to refresh websites a few times before they load properly.
I also noticed something strange in process explorer which I'm attaching a screenshot of below

Attachments

Jbennett360

I'm having issues as well ever since I updated to 7.4/7.4.1. One being the CPU spikes and another one is I have to refresh websites a few times before they load properly.
I also noticed something strange in process explorer which I'm attaching a screenshot of below
Good to know it's not just me then. Not sure if this is a chrome issue or Adguard or a combination of both?

myMoon

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
@Woomera

Hello! What browser do you use? Does it happen after the first launch of AdGuard and browser?

Jbennett360

@Woomera

Hello! What browser do you use? Does it happen after the first launch of AdGuard and browser?
Hi there.

For me its all browsers, regardless of what assistant is used, new or legacy. Task manager shows me the spike from chrome along with Adguard,. It's almost as if it spikes when it's loading, then settles down afterwards. It's hard to explain in some respects.

This happens all of the time, regardless of how many times I've closed/opened Chrome.

Woomera

It is also affecting gaming, Im having frame drops and graphical lags in COD MW. uninstalled adguard and restarted and the problem was gone. re-installed adguard and restarted, the frame drop is back.
It looks like it could either be caused by a new driver or the cpu spikes.

Woomera

I just tried disabling adguard's new extension in chrome and the problem with pages not loading seems to be gone.
Don't have to refresh a couple of times anymore.

myMoon

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Dears,

Please, update to the latest nightly build - restart the PC and check again.

Woomera

Dears,

Please, update to the latest nightly build - restart the PC and check again.
I will try this and report back. thank you.

Woomera

the nightly 7.4 build 34, about one day and all the problems are still here. pages need to be refreshed a few times to load properly and fps drop in-game.