BSOD in Windows 10 - System_service_exception(netio.sys)

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by doctorwizz, Aug 24, 2015.

1. doctorwizz

doctorwizz New Member

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We will definetely test this out. Please specify what Adguard version exactly do you use?

EDIT: spelling

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  3. doctorwizz

doctorwizz New Member

4. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It looks like to test this we would need some special Tivo gear, which is troublesome, to say the least.

Have you tried to make a complete reinstall of Adguard? If not, please use this manual to uninstall Adguard, and then install a fresh one.

Please let us know if it helps.

5. doctorwizz

doctorwizz New Member

I figured as much about the Tivo hardware. I have tried the un/re-install. And a clean windows install. Same results
    I will be looking to see if there is another way to replicate this BSOD with something other than Tivo Online.

I can't replicate this on my other PC's. One has similiar hardware. AMD 1090T, Asus Crosshair IV Formula. The one difference is the network adapter. The CHIV has a Marvel Yukon Gigabit. The Crosshair V Forumla that the bluescreen occurs on has a Intel 82583v Gigabit. I can't change the driver on the Intel. It is installed by windows 10. And any Intel driver installer says no Intel adapters are present on this system.

6. Fuzzyduck

Fuzzyduck New Member

Just to jump in on this. I have experience the same BSOD running windows 10 pro while using the wfp netowrk driver. I have tested both adguard 5 & 6 and both BSOD. The crash has occurred even when simple viewing a web page, but always BSOD when streaming a lot of web content at once. My system uses an Asus P6T deluxe board which uses an Marvell88E805 LAN port. What is odd, I had been using the wfp driver for many months on both the win8 install and even the new win10. It only started to BSOD after the first or second cumulative win 10 update. Before then it was perfectly fine. Turning wfp off and all is fine.

7. doctorwizz

doctorwizz New Member

I think mine started after some update too.
    I'll try turning off wfp and report back.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

No bluescreens with wpf disabled. Good catch! I was thinking about disabling it before. Didn't think it would help since I don't use modern apps except one, MLB.TV
    Just checked my other PC and wfp was off. Kinda funny when I started that other PC, I got my first bluescreen at the login screen: kernel_security_check_failure.

8. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Which v6 alpha exactly have you tried? We've introduced new WFP driver in the latest alpha and it's bad if you have BSODs with it.

One more question - could you please send us a minidump of that BSOD?

9. Fuzzyduck

Fuzzyduck New Member

I am running veriosn 6.0.27.136
    Turned WFP driver back on last night and got the BSOD within an 1hr of it being on

Dump file attached

View attachment dmp1.zip

10. avatar

11. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

12. Kris543

Kris543 New Member

I confirm DSOD on Windows 10 (only on Firefox). Opera and Chrome works normal. Adguard version: 5.10.2051.6368.

13. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Staff Member Moderator

14. Kris543

Kris543 New Member

Blaz, thanks for the tip.

15. hurakura

hurakura Beta Tester

I was having many BSOD because of the WFP driver. Only with firefox and only when using Imagehost Grabber plugin for firefox.
    also with WFP driver enabled many sites don't open in firefox at all. if I deselect firefox in filtered apps the sites/pages open just fine. the same sites open in chrome.
    There is some kind of problem with the WFP driver and Firefox. Chrome and Opera work fine, without problems.

16. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

What antivirus software are you using?

Sounds like a program on your PC is incompatible with the WFP driver.

17. hurakura

hurakura Beta Tester

windows defender, the built in security in windows 10

the problem is with the wfp driver and firefox. no problems in chrome.
    on windows 8.1 I was using adblock without any problem, the problems appeared after upgrading to windows 10.

18. avatar

Do you use stable AG or beta version?

19. hurakura

hurakura Beta Tester

I use the beta version now, but i think the stable version was having the same problems too. but only after upgrading to windows 10, on windows 8.1 there were no bsod or any other problems.

now i use AG without the WFP driver and everything work fine. I use firefox without any problems, it's faster and all the pages open fine and no BSOD for 2 days.

20. avatar

Could you please try WFP when next beta is out? There will be newer driver version.