BSOD in Windows 10 - System_service_exception(netio.sys)

hurakura

Beta Tester
upgraded to 6.0.84.487 and still the same problems.
with wfp driver enabled few sites won't open in firefox
http://forum.ru-board.com doesn't open at all
picture pages hosted on imagebam.com sometimes open, sometimes don't
and other sites don't open at all
i am afraid the wfp driver would still cause BSOD when i use imagehostgrabber in firefox

WFP disabled and everything works fine

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The BSOD issue was fixed in the latest beta build, so it *shouldn't* BSOD when using the WFP driver anymore.

I can't confirm the http://forum.ru-board.com/ issue, it works fine for me in the latest stable Firefox build and the latest Nightly build.

It sounds like to me something running on your system (could be antivirus, download manager, etc.) is incompatible with Adguard's WFP driver.

Last edited by a moderator:

hurakura

Beta Tester
the problem is fixed. who knows what the culprit was and what fixed the problem. maybe the new windows 10 update or the new firefox version or the new realtek network driver fixed it, but it doesn't really matter.
for the past few days the wfp driver is enabled and everything works fine. :)
waiting for the 6.0 final. keep up the good work. cheers.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have recently been getting the BSOD with Adguard 6.0 installed. Is it recommended to disable the WFP driver?
Can you please give more information, for example what antivirus do you have if any? When exactly do BSODs happen, is there any pattern? Disabling WFP driver might help if Adguard is the culprit here.

silverclint

Beta Tester
Can you please give more information, for example what antivirus do you have if any? When exactly do BSODs happen, is there any pattern? Disabling WFP driver might help if Adguard is the culprit here.
I am using Avast. It occurs randomly when browsing the internet with Chrome. I will generate a minidump the next time it occurs to be sure. What does disabling WFP driver affect?

doctorwizz

Shouldn't he already have a minidump in Windows\minidump ? I have quite a few in there.

Can you tell me if this BSOD is caused by AG? Seems to happen randomly, even when idle.
Win 8.1, Windows Defender AV, AG 6.0.204.1025
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wat21hlobl09l42/032816-19312-01.zip

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

I also see an update that I will now install.

# 6.0.214.1066:
This beta release is mostly about network-level changes and overall stability. We hope some of the old bugs will be fixed with it, such as ones caused by lack of content detection and flaws in our WFP network driver. Also we would like to draw your attention to some big changes concerning localisation. Below you can find more details.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you have Windows Defender, WFP driver (any, not just ours) will sometimes cause BSODs:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/142
In fact this issue is fixed long time ago. I keep it open just in case if somebody from MS will answer on my bug report.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Shouldn't he already have a minidump in Windows\minidump ? I have quite a few in there.

Can you tell me if this BSOD is caused by AG? Seems to happen randomly, even when idle.
Win 8.1, Windows Defender AV, AG 6.0.204.1025
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wat21hlobl09l42/032816-19312-01.zip
I've seen your minidump recently. I see two more TDI drivers in the error stack trace: networx and kltdi.

So you have Kaspersky and Networx installed, right?

doctorwizz

In fact this issue is fixed long time ago. I keep it open just in case if somebody from MS will answer on my bug report.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I've seen your minidump recently. I see two more TDI drivers in the error stack trace: networx and kltdi.

So you have Kaspersky and Networx installed, right?
No Kaspersky.
I have portable Networx. But I dont use it. I use an old portable version of DU Meter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No Kaspersky.
I have portable Networx. But I dont use it. I use an old portable version of DU Meter.
Then it's a good question why do you have both Kaspersky and Networx drivers in the error stack trace.

You can find them both in %windir%\System32\drivers directory:
networx.sys
kltdi.sys

Questions are:
1. Why are there?
2. Why are active and registered?

doctorwizz

Then it's a good question why do you have both Kaspersky and Networx drivers in the error stack trace.

You can find them both in %windir%\System32\drivers directory:
networx.sys
kltdi.sys

Questions are:
1. Why are there?
2. Why are active and registered?
Well that is strange!
Kaspersky has never been on this Win 8.1 install. Maybe did an online Kaspersky scan? Don't think so. I installed win8.1 on this partition on April 02, 2015. I have many backups of it at various points in time.
I looked and searched in System32\drivers and found neither of those 2 files. I searched that whole partition and still didn't find those. How is that possible?

Earlier today I restored that partition from a backup made in September 2015. I didn't see any minidumps in the minidumps folder from last year. So I should be fine.

jopsu

Just thought to mention that I also suffer from this and cannot use WFP driver. Win 10 x64 & Kaspersky Internet Security 2016. I'll take a look at the dump myself if I can find the time...

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just thought to mention that I also suffer from this and cannot use WFP driver. Win 10 x64 & Kaspersky Internet Security 2016. I'll take a look at the dump myself if I can find the time...
Have you tried the latest beta version? Should fix the issue.

Roberto

Hello

I have recently had this same fault

BSOD in Windows 10 64 bit - System_service_exception (netio.sys)

I bought the Adguard recently and started the problems randomly, although several times it was with chrome with several tabs open.
I have already reinstalled windows but the problem persisted so for now I have uninstalled adguard.

I have Bitdefender Internet Security and malwarebytes installed.

I simply report it in case someone knows that it can fail.

Sorry for my bad English.

****Edit****

Add the minidump file that came out 5 minutes ago

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9413tg2240p904e/MINIDUMP+FILE.rar

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
This is a known issue, but it's actually BitDefender causing this due to it trying to inject its DLL into AdGuard and causing the BSOD. You need to go into BitDefender's options and exclude AdGuard for Windows and all its executables (and DLL files along with folders wouldn't hurt either).

This issue happens with other software too, but BitDefender hasn't fixed it yet.

https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/1933