[bug] AdGuard blocking some features of Grammarly online spell checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

David M

Hi:

I use an online spell-checker called Grammarly and AG seems to block some aspects of it that prevents it from identifying potential spelling errors. Grammarly is a chrome plug-in as well as a microsoft word plug-in as well.
The MS word plug-in works fine as expected but the online plugin doesn't unless i disabled Adguard for Windows (AGW). I have also attached images of the errors i get for your reference.

When I log in to Grammarly, i get the TR1 screen as expected, except the top yellow banner saying some network thing is wrong and I need to "click here" to diagnose it. When I do, I run the test and the results are shown in TR2 -->Websockets test: failed ...(whatever that means).

I use both the AG chrome plugin and AGW running. Disabling the filtering using the chrome plugin doesn't fix the problem. I even see the rule automatically created in AGW though.

Disabling Browsing Security option in AGW doesn't fix the problem.
Disabling Stealth Mode option in AGW doesn't fix the problem.
Disabling Adblocking option in AGW doesn't fix the problem.

In Filtered Apps, Disabling Google Chrome 'FIXES' the problem but really this isn't really a fix though.

Please help fix this!

Thanks,
David

Attachments

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Can you provide login data as I can't register there?

David M

username:
password:

Remember to have both AG plugin for chrome running as well as Adguard for Windows running.

EDIT by Blaz: Extracted login data and removed them here.

Last edited by a moderator:

David M

Sadly I can't ... when I uninstall v6.0 via Windows own uninstall tools and try to install this beta ...I keep getting the "Adguard already installed" message. I've gotten this before and was given your custom uninstall tool which has the Standard and Advanced Uninstall options. Just like before, the both options failed to 'uninstall' Adguard for when I run the standard/advanced install and rebooted and now attempted to install a newer beta version OR release v6.0 of Adguard, it'd give me the same false message mentioned above.

BTW...no Adguard processes or services are running when attempting to install Adguard. As far as windows is concerned, the program doesn't exist for it doesn't appear in the programs install list at all.

I was then given, I guess a special v6.0 setup.msi package and installed it via command line using the following command "msiexec /I setup.msi /l*vx log.tx" . This worked as it allowed me to install the release version of Adguard.

Going back to now uninstall this v6.0 and try to install the recommended beta above ...Nope! Same error message as before. Very frustrating indeed...

I have no clue as to why the installation program thinks Adguard is already installed when clearly it is not. No Adguard service or process is running when i get this false error message.

Please make the program more install friendly such that if if 'detects' Adguard is installed it must 'terminates-and-remove' that old install and go ahead to install the newer version.

So, in the meantime, can i get an v6.x setup.msi package version for this beta?

Thanks,

David

Attachments

David M

I believe the original issue was that Adguard somehow blocked or prevented Grammerly's access to its servers during its operation, preventing it from correcting your grammar mistakes as its supposed to...

Now, are we required to remove the older/prior version of Adguard before installing this newer one or can you simply install over it?

In my case, I keep getting the pop-up message when trying to install a new one saying "Adguard is still installed" and then it quits. I have both the chrome plugin and windows version running.

David M

Thank you Alex ...all seems fine now. I'm not sure how or what has been wrong in my system, but I had decided to perform a Windows System Restore to last week, so my system is more stable now. The Grammarly app is back to normal diligently pointing out all my errors and bad sentence constructions i.e. its doing it job as intended. Thanks again!

PS ...took a while to write this email for the grammar police was hard at work!

jagita

Cela me donnait le même faux message. mentionné ci-dessus.

BTW ... aucun processus ou service Adguard n'est pas en cours d'exécution lors de la tentative d'installation d'Adguard. Windows, le programme n'existe pas encore, il n'apparaît pas du tout dans la liste des programmes d'installation.

On m'a alors donné un paquetage spécial setup.msi v6.0 et je l'ai installé via une commande de commande suivante "msiexec / I setup.msi / l * vx log.tx". Cela a fonctionné, cela m'a permis d'installer la version finale d'Adguard.

Pour revenir à maintenantSarkari Result iTunes Notepad++/ désinstaller cette version 6.0 et essayer installer la version recommandée ci-dessus ... Nope! Même message d'erreur que précédemment. Très frustrant en effet ...

Je ne comprends pas pourquoi le programme d'installation pense qu'Adguard est déjà installé alors que ce n'est clairement pas le cas. Aucun service ou processus Adguard n'est en cours d'exécution quand j'obtiens ce faux message d'erreur.

Est-ce que le programme est convivial, de sorte que "détecté", est installé, il faut "terminer-et-supprimer" cette ancienne installation et poursuivre la version la plus récente.

En attendant, puis-je me procurer une version du paquet setup.msi v6.x pour cette version bêta?

Merci,

David [/ QUOTE]

Grammarly and AG semble en bloquer certains aspects, qui l'empêche de renvoyer les erreurs d'orthographe potentielles. Grammarly is un plug-in chrome ainsi qu’un plug-in Microsoft Word.
Le MS w

Last edited:

SAlminho

I have no clue as to why the installation program thinks Adguard is already installed when clearly it is not. No Adguard service or process is running when i get this false error message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.