[Bug] AdGuard keeps streaming after client exited

Larry Laffer

which produces useless traffic. Much traffic in matters of youtube (caught AG constantly downloading >1 Mbit/s).
Costs money on volume tariffs.

AG 6.0.226.1108 on XP SP3* in Auto mode filtering HTTPS too
How to reproduce:
1) run any tool that shows actual traffic of host AG runs on, like taskmgr.exe
2) note down the actual bps of traffic (ideally ~0 bps)
3) open http://www.webradio.de/rock-antenne/classic-perlen in your browser ( I reproduced it in local FF 46.0.1 as well as a remote client being filtered using freeproxy (which is in the list of AGs filtered apps))
4) let the music play a few secs
5) close the client
6) look at the constantly high(er as before) traffic (over here >>100 kBps)

Regards, Larry

* please refrain from dumb remarks about XP, it's no ones business why I use it. I may be better educated than you in IT engineering (<> development) business.

Last edited:

Larry Laffer

FWIW: I'm at 10 MBit constant download now. Just by changing this sites channels back and forth. So it's a buggy bug bug :)

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi! There's an open issue on this already, will be fixed in the next update.

I admit the bug is major.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We've not yet released a new beta. I guess we'll do it next week.

gustms

This still happens for me in the latest beta 6.1.236.1160 when watching videos from Mofos.com (NSFW) members area using the html5 player (flash is disabled). Happens with Cyberfox, edge and IE (the ones I tried).

Restarting the AdGuard service fixes the problem.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This still happens for me in the latest beta 6.1.236.1160 when watching videos from Mofos.com (NSFW) members area using the html5 player (flash is disabled). Happens with Cyberfox, edge and IE (the ones I tried).
Sorry to miss your message. We are about to release another beta (hopefully today) - could you check if the problem persists once it is out?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I've been noticing this issue as well, so I'll check out the new beta once it's released. :)

gustms

Sorry to miss your message. We are about to release another beta (hopefully today) - could you check if the problem persists once it is out?
Hello there. Tried the new beta just now, and the problem still persists. Is there anything I can do to help fixing this? Thank you in advance.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello there. Tried the new beta just now, and the problem still persists. Is there anything I can do to help fixing this? Thank you in advance.
It appears we were looking in the wrong place before. So, we need a bit more time on it, I hope we'll be able to reproduce & fix it in the next beta.

gustms

It appears we were looking in the wrong place before. So, we need a bit more time on it, I hope we'll be able to reproduce & fix it in the next beta.
Seems like this was fixed for me in the beta released today. Thank you again!