Bypass/remove AMP sites?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Android)' started by d0x, Apr 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. d0x

d0x New Member

A great feature would be the ability to shut off AMP sites. The only thing that would need to be done by adguard is to remove /amp/ from the URL. So when adguard sees (for example) https://www.blah.com/amp/something/73737.htm it could just convert the url to

https://www.blah.com/something/73737.htm

I hate AMP sites. They often remove the comments section and while it's easy to go to the url bar and remove it yourself it would be awesome if adguard could do it for me lol

Especially because every url..or almost every URL that you click in Google Now automatically goes to the AMP site so stripping that from the URL would fix the issue.

Another problem I've found with AMP sites is they ignore any settings you might have setup for the regular site. One example is dark/night mode but there are more.

DirkGently likes this.
  2. Chinaski

Chinaski Support Marine Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@d0x

Hello!

We will pass your request to the developers. Thanks for contacting us!

3. DirkGently

DirkGently New Member

You can do this already to some extent. Under 'Stealth' settings choose another User Agent string. Setting Firefox for example will ensure that you never see AMP results in Google Search on Mobile. I'm guessing it doesn't help in Google Now though. As someone who also hates AMP, i'd love to see a sytem wide method of blocking it.

In case you want to at least block AMP in your Browser for the time being, use:

Mozilla/5.0 (Android 9; Mobile; rv:65.0) Gecko/65.0 Firefox/65.0

4. freshhh

freshhh Active Member

Thanks for sharing this cool tip but I believe an easy one click option in advanced options should be added instead of such workaround.