Can AdGuard block Amazon ads on new Fire phones?

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
Amazon recently released a couple new, low-cost smartphones. One of them shows ads on the lock and notification screens in exchange for a lower cost to purchase. Is it possible for Adguard to block those ads so they don't appear?

Any insight users or developers can share is appreciated.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can't say until I get my hands on such device.

We need anybody already having such device to find out how these ads are loaded.

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
I'm actually thinking of ordering one anyway. Obviously I would install the program first, which is possible because despite being an Amazon device, it actually supports the Google Play store. But is there anything specific you would need if it doesn't work properly?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm actually thinking of ordering one anyway. Obviously I would install the program first, which is possible because despite being an Amazon device, it actually supports the Google Play store. But is there anything specific you would need if it doesn't work properly?
I'll need to get the log file with recorded HTTP requests, just like it is described here (with one change, logging level should be set to "Record HTTP requests"):
https://kb.adguard.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/49/9/collecting-a-full-log-on-adguard-for-android

risug

Greetings, forgive me for the thread resurrection but I have not been able to locate any info on whether Adguard can block the ads that appear on the lockscreen on Amazon's Fire HD tablets.
I have a Fire HD 10 (7th generation) Fire OS version 5.6.4.0

Thank you.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@risug

The only way to block ads on such devices will transfer the certificate into the system.
Nevertheless, I can't say 100% that this will work :)

risug

Thank you for the reply Chinaski, I was able to find a way to block the ads - two ways in fact.