Can adguard coexist with other VPN services?

seenoevil

Can I have both adguard and a VPN service running on my android device at the same time?

If the answer is no, then if I turn off adguard, can I install and run a VPN service?

If the answer is also no, does that mean I have to uninstall adguard before I install and run a VPN service?

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello! Yes, it can, but you will have to use Adguard in HTTP proxy mode. It can be chosen in Adguard Advanced settings, the instruction is also can be found there.

Of course, you can also install and run any VPN if Adguard is currently disabled, no need to uninstall.

SKIBA

Beta Tester
Hello! Yes, it can, but you will have to use Adguard in HTTP proxy mode. It can be chosen in Adguard Advanced settings, the instruction is also can be found there.

Of course, you can also install and run any VPN if Adguard is currently disabled, no need to uninstall.
I use Cyberghost VPN and how to connect to the VPN server is off to me AdGuard protection, and how to turn on the protection AdGuard VPN server disconnects me. :(

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Are you using Adguard's HTTP proxy mode or VPN mode? If you're using VPN mode then you can't use Adguard with another VPN at the same time - you'd need to either disable Adguard to get Cyberghost working or vice versa. If you're using HTTP proxy mode (which requires root access, as Andrey said above) then yes, you should be able to use a VPN with it.

SKIBA

Beta Tester
Are you using Adguard's HTTP proxy mode or VPN mode? If you're using VPN mode then you can't use Adguard with another VPN at the same time - you'd need to either disable Adguard to get Cyberghost working or vice versa. If you're using HTTP proxy mode (which requires root access, as Andrey said above) then yes, you should be able to use a VPN with it.
Unfortunately, my Asus ZenFone 5 does not have root privileges. Well, that in the new version Cyberghost introduced the option to block ads. However, if you do not speed through the VPN server, I use AdGuard. :eek:

Bruno

I use Cyberghost VPN and how to connect to the VPN server is off to me AdGuard protection, and how to turn on the protection AdGuard VPN server disconnects me. :(
FYI CyberGhost was identified in an academic paper because its Android VPN app is considered “malicious or intrusive” and it also tested positive for malware by VirustTotal.

TorresTorrmr

Can I have both adguard and a VPN service running on my android device at the same time?

If the answer is no, then if I turn off adguard, can I install and run a VPN service?

If the answer is also no, does that mean I have to uninstall adguard before I install and run a VPN service?
Today, I tried to access my VPN, CyberGhost but was alerted by Norton 360 that it's blocking access to Cyberghost's dashboard.exe (from which you launch a connection and whatnot). I opted to "Fix" the issue, thus removing CyberGhost and pretty much any executable files. Re-installing from Cyberghost was a bit annoying, but successful. Upon opening it again, Norton blocked access again.

TorresTorrmr

Today, I tried to access my VPN, CyberGhost but was alerted by Norton 360 that it's blocking access to Cyberghost's dashboard.exe (from which you launch a connection and whatnot). I opted to "Fix" the issue, thus removing CyberGhost and pretty much any executable files. Re-installing from Cyberghost was a bit annoying, but successful. Upon opening it again, Norton blocked access again.
no response

Bruno

You are talking about an an issue with Cyberghost and Norton on AdGuard forum, what do you expect...