Cannot add Adblock Protector filter list URL, results in endless loading filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb59

It is very, very annoying that AdGuard doesn't have any working anti adblock list, annoying is also reporting here any sites using "adblock detectors"...
When this situation will be solved? Any new progress?
Adblock Protector list doesn't work with AdGuard so anyone else knows some other alternative?

Personally I think that uBlock Origin has better solutions and AdGuard in this case is far more behind him...
Some rules also works only in uBlock Origin - maybe it's time dear AdGuard Team to start working on the basics and solve that issues once and for all...

AnthonyG

It is very, very annoying that AdGuard doesn't have any working anti adblock list, annoying is also report here any sites using "adblock detectors"...
+1000000

The problem I have found is technical help sites seem to not let you view anything unless you jump through hoops disabling your adblocker entirely.

The problem I have is I have a mix of Adguard and also Pihole running at the same time to ensure all ads get blocked.

And if you are having a technical problem with your PC and you google it the error message to try and find solutions. It is annoying like hell that you try to read the solution and not sure if its the right one to your problem and the page flashes up for literally 5 seconds and then its "website blocked unless you totally disable your adblocking".

Then I have the pain in the backside task of trying to refresh the site in my browser and then hit print screen before the page goes off which often is not quick enough.

I cannot post the pages on the forum here and then wait a day or two to get them added as its too long of a process

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Actually, there's a dedicated Anti-Adblock thing in the works. But I'm not sure if it has progressed any further than the conceptual stage.

https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/1609

The best thing to do right now is to report websites using Anti-Adblock to the Missed Ads section of the forums.

Also, Adblock Protector (or uBlock Protector as it is now known) is not supported: https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adblock-protector-an-anti-adblock-userscript-filter-is-not-supported.22019/

I'll lock this topic.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
annoying is also reporting here any sites using "adblock detectors"...
I cannot post the pages on the forum here and then wait a day or two to get them added as its too long of a process
Guys, this will be required in any case. There is no magic bullet for handling all the anti-adblockers, they should be handled just like the missed ads are.

Status
Not open for further replies.