Cannot block Flash element

Discussion in 'Missed Ads' started by KiwiKid, Apr 7, 2014.

1. KiwiKid

KiwiKid Beta Tester

On http://rapidmoviez.com/ there is a Flash dock(the horizontal row of movie covers just above ANNOUNCEMENTS) that I would like to be able to block. I can do this using ABP with Element Hiding Helper but AdGuard does not recognize it as a blockable element.
    Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Open up adguard and goto Settings > Ad Blocker under Rule enter "rapidmoviez.com###DockMenuDiv" and press enter.

Tthis removed it my end maybe someone knows of a better way though.

3. KiwiKid

KiwiKid Beta Tester

Hi Nameless. Thanks, that worked. Did you use ABP Element Hiding Helper to identify it or some other way?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  4. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

HI KiwiKid i dont have ADP installed on my laptop which im currently using, the way i figured this out is by looking at how AdGuard blocked other elements i had to manually blocked using the helper and just copied that, i also used the chrome element inspector to find the correct div id i wanted to block as shown in the image below.

Like i said their could be a better way to do this, but im new to adding my own filters at the moment.

[​IMG]

5. KiwiKid

KiwiKid Beta Tester

The instructions you gave me were exactly the same as ABP Element Hiding Helper used. Hopefully if I encounter any other stubborn objects/elements I'll be able copy the rules from ABP into AdGuard if I cannot do it directly.

6. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Checking adblock plus it seems your right, i guess thats easier than using the element inspector nice catch =)

7. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Indeed, rules created in Adblock Plus (via Element Helper) *should* work fine in Adguard.

8. KiwiKid

KiwiKid Beta Tester

If I have FlashBlock extension running in FireFox AdGuard does not block the Flash dock but ABP can still block it. I'm hoping to fully replace ABP.
    Is there a compatibility problem between AdGuard and FlashBlock?

9. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

By chance do you happen to know which rule you're trying to use? The Rapidmoviez rule posted above?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  10. KiwiKid

KiwiKid Beta Tester

Yes the one above. I whitelisted RapidMoviez in FlashBlock as a workaround but removed FlashBlock in the end(on some sites FlashBlock is annoying).