Cannot block Flash element

KiwiKid

Beta Tester
On http://rapidmoviez.com/ there is a Flash dock(the horizontal row of movie covers just above ANNOUNCEMENTS) that I would like to be able to block. I can do this using ABP with Element Hiding Helper but AdGuard does not recognize it as a blockable element.
Any ideas?

Attachments

Nameless

Beta Tester
Open up adguard and goto Settings > Ad Blocker under Rule enter "rapidmoviez.com###DockMenuDiv" and press enter.

Tthis removed it my end maybe someone knows of a better way though.

KiwiKid

Beta Tester
Hi Nameless. Thanks, that worked. Did you use ABP Element Hiding Helper to identify it or some other way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nameless

Beta Tester
HI KiwiKid i dont have ADP installed on my laptop which im currently using, the way i figured this out is by looking at how AdGuard blocked other elements i had to manually blocked using the helper and just copied that, i also used the chrome element inspector to find the correct div id i wanted to block as shown in the image below.

Like i said their could be a better way to do this, but im new to adding my own filters at the moment.

KiwiKid

Beta Tester
The instructions you gave me were exactly the same as ABP Element Hiding Helper used. Hopefully if I encounter any other stubborn objects/elements I'll be able copy the rules from ABP into AdGuard if I cannot do it directly.

Nameless

Beta Tester
Checking adblock plus it seems your right, i guess thats easier than using the element inspector nice catch =)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Indeed, rules created in Adblock Plus (via Element Helper) *should* work fine in Adguard.

KiwiKid

Beta Tester
If I have FlashBlock extension running in FireFox AdGuard does not block the Flash dock but ABP can still block it. I'm hoping to fully replace ABP.
Is there a compatibility problem between AdGuard and FlashBlock?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
By chance do you happen to know which rule you're trying to use? The Rapidmoviez rule posted above?

Last edited by a moderator:

KiwiKid

Beta Tester
Yes the one above. I whitelisted RapidMoviez in FlashBlock as a workaround but removed FlashBlock in the end(on some sites FlashBlock is annoying).