Cannot connect to service after restart in version 5.10.1124.5747

Discussion in 'Quality Control' started by rickyoh, Jul 10, 2014.

1. rickyoh

rickyoh Beta Tester

update to the latest beta went without hitch. however after restarting the machine there was no filtration, the Adguard service is not running. trying to start the Adguard service manually does not work as the service stops immediately. on a related note this email link in the connection error dialog opens up a new browser(Chrome in my case) rather than an email client.

2. rickyoh

rickyoh Beta Tester

looking into this i've narrowed it down to installing userscripts via the method i outlined here.
    taking anti-adblock killer by reek as an example, using the projects url as an input in the extension installation dialog will appear to install it(i'm not sure the scripts install. though all script details: version number, date, etc are correct) i used urls to install nopicads as well. on restarting the service does not start up. interestingly any userscript i install using .user.js files do not cause the service to stop after a restart. also of interest is that even after installing the userscripts i mentioned above by using .user.js files i still have the service issue so is there a permanent record for usescripts you have installed that survives even reinstalls ?

3. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

4. rickyoh

rickyoh Beta Tester

well in the latest beta(5.10.1128.5771) the issue seems to be gone. installing the userscripts(anti-adblock killer and nopicads) both locally and via url does not cause the service to not start. unfortunately i did not save the Adguard logs that indicated what was going wrong but the event viewer logs have been sent to you.