Cannot enable Adguard on High Sierra

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Mac)' started by manc01, Oct 16, 2017.

1. manc01

manc01 New Member

Hi there, I have an issue which I just cannot seem to resolve. I am generally pretty good with Mac stuff. I recently installed a clean version of High Sierra & basically started from scratch. I always make images of my SSD with CCC.

I am running Adguard 1.5.0. Adguard is "blacked out" on the top of my taskbar. I cannot enable it whatsoever. I did the advanced uninstall from the instructions that I was given. When I went to reinstall Adguard it still exhibits the same behaviour, i.e I still cannot get it to be enabled.

I am really at a loss as to why this is happening. I am pretty good with troubleshooting stuff but this is the first thing that I have been really stuck on for years. If anyone can advise me on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe there is a chrome extension that is causing the issue?

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

This is likely because of the changes to kernel system extensions in High Sierra.

https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForMac/issues/217

Immediately after installing and opening Adguard a window should of appearing telling you what you need to do. You need to open System Preferences and go to Security & Privacy and allow the AdGuard for Mac system extension. But if I recall correctly, High Sierra will only give you 5 or so minutes to do so.

3. manc01

manc01 New Member

Just another thing. Everytime I reboot my mac comes up with a message saying "Adguard wants to make changes" & then prompts me to put in my password to make changes to my system. It will not go away. It is at the point where I may have to get rid of it.

4. Boo Berry

Do you put in your password? Once you do, that's probably a good time to open System Preferences > Security & Privacy to allow the system extension. Once the extension is allowed the password dialog shouldn't pop up again unless there's been a AdGuard for Mac update. The system extension has to be allowed on High Sierra otherwise AdGuard for Mac won't work.

5. manc01

manc01 New Member

Yes I did put in my password. I did add the extension to be allowed. It still is exhibiting the same behaviour.

6. stillness

stillness Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@manc01 Hello. Can you send a support request from the application? In the application menu, select "Support ...".
    When you receive the ticket number, specify it here on forum, so that we will be able to find your logs.

zIBiT likes this.
  7. Bruno

Bruno Member

No issue on my side. Everything is running smoothly.

8. HILS17

HILS17 New Member

Hello, I am having the exact same problems as manc01 is having."Just another thing. Everytime I reboot my mac comes up with a message saying "Adguard wants to make changes" & then prompts me to put in my password to make changes to my system. It will not go away. It is at the point where I may have to get rid of it."

Please let me know how to fix this.

9. Петро Сорба

Петро Сорба New Member

Статус ліцензії: перевищено максимальне число пристроїв, що використовують

10. Петро Сорба

Петро Сорба New Member

Help! bought a license key on the official website and it worked 1 day!

Attached Files:

11. Boo Berry

12. CPBrowne

CPBrowne New Member

So what can one do if 5 minutes have lapsed while you've been trying to research the problem?...