Cannot renew licences from Germany - payment processor won't accept ANY form of payment

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by TooMuchBacon, Oct 26, 2016.

1. TooMuchBacon

TooMuchBacon New Member

Hi all,

sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, I'm just getting something that I can only describe as a mix of being desperate and infuriated.

I purchased a 1-year license about a year ago. Adguard is by and large the best blocker out there and I don't know what I would do without it.

So, a few weeks ago I got the notification that the license will need to be renewed soon ... and so the odyssey begins:

At first, I tried to renew via the program window paying with PayPal funds. During checkout, the PayPal window only says "transaction cannot be completed". Mind you, this PayPal account is over 10 years old and has funds in it.

So I try to renew with the credit card I had used when I purchased the original license. The card has plenty of available funds.

Result:

Dear customer,

We are unable to complete your transaction at this time.
    Your order was not completed and your account will not be charged.

Please contact customer support for more information: Orders.Review@bluesnap.com

Thanks,
    The BlueSnap Team

Reference ID: 1817554​

So, I'm starting to wonder, WTH is going on???

I will not bother to tell you the whole thing but rather just summarize.

Over the last two weeks I have tried EVERY payment method available at the Bluesnap checkout. Giropay - Wire transfer - credit card .... you name it, I've tried it. I tried using a new email address .... nothing. I tried buying a new license from scratch ...NOTHING. I've cycled through all 6 of my credit cards and even bought a prepaid card at the gas station .... result NOTHING.

Don't you guys want to sell your product???

This is infuriating! After my 3rd or 4th try, I contacted the Bluesnap customer support as the message suggested. Somehow the license got extended for 1 month while they were looking into it, then I got an answer:

You failed out screening process!

Huh?!?! You wot???

So I write back, I don't know what you mean, please just tell me what to do so I can renew this license!

The reply was the same canned answer template. By now I'm really aggravated, this has been going on for 2 months now.

I didn't know I need to send a resume or something to buy a piece of software.

Something is severely broken with this payment processor, and apparently their customer support doesn't have the slightest clue about just about anything.

I have now spent countless hours trying to figure out what's going on here ... to no avail.

Does anyone have any advise what the hell is going on with this payment gateway? All I want is to renew my darn license, I don't care if I have to stick a 20 EUR bill into a letter envelope and mail it somewhere or whatever. Can someone just tell me what to do here because I'm at a total loss. I've never seen anything like this. It's like someone is trying to actively prevent me from having this app!

Help ... please?

2. Gass

Gass Member

Greetings Tao,

I've never herd of such trouble before in all the payments you've mentioned, although I remember reading some time back trouble with PayPal method.
    I would advise you to PM Avatar for assistance and also maybe some kind of a deal for your troubles.
    https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?members/avatar.4/

While logged on - Either leave something on his page at link above or find a topic he has answered in last and click in his forums image and use "start a conversation" from the popup or while still logged in use the little envelope top right and the "start a conversation" and in participants start typing avatar and choose it as it shows up.

Hope it helps,
    Gass :D

3. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@Tao Weber very strange and we will investigate this case. We will let you know tomorrow what we were able to find out.

4. TooMuchBacon

TooMuchBacon New Member

Thank you very much Vasily, much obliged!

On second thought, would you like me to PM you the license number so you can see which transactions they keep declining?

Best
    T.

5. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@Tao Weber replied with private message as well. I suggest we continue to solve this problem via PMs as there is little chance the community could be of any help in this case.

6. ccMatrix

ccMatrix New Member

I found this thread since I am from Germany and have the exact same issue. But for a new license and not a renewal. Any payment option gives me same error as OP and I am unable to complete the purchase. If you have any way to fix it or alternative solution please let me know. The PayPal method of payment would be my preferred way but PayPal always just says that the order cannot be completed and returns me to the vendor page.

7. Gass

Gass Member

Hey ccMatrix,

I tried to use PayPal on a different purchase not related to Adguard, and found if one uses a VPN service PP requires you to now log off or out of that VPN service and try to login PP in that way. It's crap for PP to now require this and I'd since stopped using them.

-if this is of no help then PM vasily for help as he's stated it's advisable off the forums to talk in that way of a PM to him.
    While logged in - Either leave something on his page @vasily_bagirov or a post of his above or find a topic he has answered in and click in his forums image and use "start a conversation" from the popup or while still logged in use the little envelope top right and the "start a conversation" and in participants start typing vasily and choose him as it shows up.

NOTE: you may have a wait if he's not on the forums today, and he'll answer you as soon as he is...

Gass :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  8. TooMuchBacon

TooMuchBacon New Member

I have talked to Vasily about two weeks ago, and we have agreed that I would open a support ticket with PayPal. I have done that, and at first the answer I have received from First Line Support was that they would have to escalate this higher up because they didn't see anything wrong with my account at all. I haven't heard back from them ever since and all follow up inquiries resulted in "please be patient" answers. It's really weird that Bluesnap and PayPal both are completely unforthcoming in this matter.

I'm starting to think that this is some sort of systemic or regulatory issue. Are you guys maybe using one of the banks in Russia that were placed on the embargo list by the Americans or something? I think its highly unlikely that two completely different payment processors like PayPal and Bluesnap both create problems with the same recipient without something at the regulatory level going on.

I'm really out of options here now and I guess I will lose Adguard, which is a terrible thought :(

ABP has become utter $§%$§% and I don't know any proper alternatives.

Dark days ahead :(

If only I had known there will be trouble, I would have taken the lifetime subscription instead when I first purchased.

I just tried again out of sheer desperation, still nothing:

[​IMG]
    Oh and PS, this error appears right at the check out. So it's not even asking to select a payment method or to confirm the amount or anything like that. It's straight from the checkout button on your site to this message.

9. ccMatrix

ccMatrix New Member

I am not using a VPN connection at all for the purchase. Got the very same message on checkout as Tao.

I am a software developer and have implemented PayPal and other payment providers in the past. I also highly doubt this is a customer/client issue. Either Adguard accounts are blocked or they did an error in implementing it. It is really annoying that Adguard just deflects to their payment provider....

10. Gass

Gass Member

19 HOURS to go on it...
    There's a sale running here-
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/adguard-premium-lifetime-subscription
    I don't know what the savings are - or if it links you directly with Adguard payments but it's worth a try it and see... :D
    Gass

11. ccMatrix

ccMatrix New Member

Lol, what a timing. I just got a response from Bluesnap:

I was able to purchase from Germany now using Sofort as a payment provider. Let's make this experience better next year ;)

The bundle is nice but I just need the mobile version of it. Thanks for posting it!

12. TooMuchBacon

TooMuchBacon New Member

@Gass

Thank you sooooo soooo much mate. I just grabbed the lifetime license from the Stacksocial sale you posted WEWT WEWT ... I even got a 10% discount for signing on. FINALLY this issue is over!

@vasily_bagirov

And thanks four your assistance in PM too, Vasily.

Much obliged to everyone that helped out.

Gass likes this.
  13. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Btw, could it be that you have a merchant paypal account?

We cannot receive payments from other merchant paypal accounts.

14. avatar

On the other hand, Bluesnap bothers me, there should have been no problems with them..

15. TooMuchBacon

TooMuchBacon New Member

Hiyas avatar,

in my case it is indeed a German business account.

16. avatar

That's it then. We should have suggested it in the first place, sorry.

PayPal in Russia has some weird limitations, this merchant-account thing is one of them.

17. TooMuchBacon

TooMuchBacon New Member

That's interesting, might have something to do with all that trade embargo and sanctions poppycock. That just leaves the Bluesnap question.

Anyways, grabbed it off Stacksocial and I am sooooooo happy :)

18. avatar

Not really, I guess this is due to our tax laws. What for bluesnap, I think that's their anti-fraud system false positive.

19. Gass

Gass Member

Glad I was helpful, didn't know this could still even be a problem for people to seek a License to Adguard.
    It could drive people to use others means - Which I discourage them in doing anyways, as I think Adguard is the best
    and always preferred to users of such needs.

PS: Someday this will be worked out - maybe if the right people are to get involved with it,
    But, who are they then?

20. Gass

Gass Member

I received word back from my VPN service stating this-
    So this is news to me about VPN's and making payments using such a service and being cloaked by a VPN service.
    I'm wondering if a proxy would have similar troubles?
    EDIT: I received this word back from my VPN service-
    ""It is the same for VPNs, proxies, Tor etc. - any anonymizing service.
    It's a double edge sword. From the customer perspective, it's definitely a good practice to connect to a VPN in untrusted networks to make purchases online. But from the sellers' and payment processors' perspective, it's only a few people who do that, the majority is into fraud. So for their 'greater good' they prefer to engage into blocking transactions not coming from real IP addresses. In the end, for them it's all about statistics (you as a customer are part of statistics). We see a big problem there as quite a few of our legitimate buyers are blocked for random reasons.""

Would a payment method like Bitcoin (crypto currency) be much help in purchasing an Adguard license when other payment methods of users (present/future AdGuarders) fail to be processed from any given locations or likewise to the usual accepted payment processors of Adguard, and already being tried by and have failed for those people? (JUST A THOUGHT Here)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016