Can't Install New Adguard Browser Extension

Old Chap

Sorry, I earlier posted my problem wrongly to the General sub forum instead of this sub forum.

I updated to ver 7.4 this morning and noted the new Adguard Browser Assistant.

Tried 4 times to install the new Adguard Browser Assistant in my default Firefox browser, but each time it failed with the error message "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure".

Same result even with all my security disabled (ESET Smart Security Premium, Hitman Pro Alert, SpyShelter Premium).

Strange that I also got an error message to check my internet connection when I tried to post this problem through Adguard Support from taskbar Adguard icon.

My internet connection is working fine. Running Windows 10 x64 Home (latest).

Any help is much appreciated.

Alanon

Beta Tester
I've had this happen with most (maybe all) add-ons that aren't hosted on Mozilla's add-on website. I have no idea if this is a security "feature" by Mozilla or just a bug that seems to affect us both.

The only solution I have is to right-click on the Install button on the AdGuard extension page and save the file to your PC (I got a file named firefox.xpi). Then go to the Add-ons section in Firefox, click on the gear and then on "Install Add-On From File..."

Oh, and in my case, the old Adguard Assistant script remained switched on after I installed the browser helper, so be sure to uncheck that from the main AdGuard app.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Try this...

In Firefox right click on this link and select Save Link As... and when the dialog pops up, save the firefox.xpi file to the desktop. From there go to Firefox's about:addons (you can also type this into the address bar to get there) and go to Extensions and press the settings cog below the search bar and select Install Add-on From File... and point it to the firefox.xpi file you have saved on the desktop. See if that helps.

Old Chap

I've had this happen with most (maybe all) add-ons that aren't hosted on Mozilla's add-on website. I have no idea if this is a security "feature" by Mozilla or just a bug that seems to affect us both.

The only solution I have is to right-click on the Install button on the AdGuard extension page and save the file to your PC (I got a file named firefox.xpi). Then go to the Add-ons section in Firefox, click on the gear and then on "Install Add-On From File..."

Oh, and in my case, the old Adguard Assistant script remained switched on after I installed the browser helper, so be sure to uncheck that from the main AdGuard app.
Thank you Alanon! Installed!

Old Chap

Try this...

In Firefox right click on this link and select Save Link As... and when the dialog pops up, save the firefox.xpi file to the desktop. From there go to Firefox's about:addons (you can also type this into the address bar to get there) and go to Extensions and press the settings cog below the search bar and select Install Add-on From File... and point it to the firefox.xpi file you have saved on the desktop. See if that helps.
Thank you Boo Berry! Problem solved!

FlyingHorse

I had the same problem and your sugestion worked for me.

@Boo Berry your link took me to YouTube for some strange reason o_O