Can't send or upload pictures on facebook (safari)

sebimm

Sorry - this doesn't work (I didn't have stealth mode active anyways, but force.split.tunnel = true doesn't work either).

I use a workaround, I made a facebook-application using Unite and exclude this app from AdGuard-filtering whenever I want to upload an image. Not nice, but works.

johnd

Just chiming in:

I have the exact same problem using Safari and Monterey. If I use Chrome, the problem dosen't occur, and disabling Adguard entirely lets images post from Safari.

This problem seemed to have started a week or so ago.

randyl

I am having the same problem. I have noticed other issues with Safari and Monterey, I have some issues with Google Search and Youtube, but the biggest and most consistent is Facebook. I have tried every solution suggested and the only thing that has helped was to exclude Facebook from HTTPS filtering.

andrwmai

I have the exact same issue: can't post any images to Facebook, it just loads forever. I can only post if I disable AdGuard. Is there any solution to this rather than using another browser/web client app to post images?

Fearless_Felix

I have exactly the same problem with Safari & Monterey 12.1. The only way I can get images to work is by quitting AdGuard completely. No problem with Firefox, but the situation is not very satisfactory. It has been going on for quite some time now, at least since the beginning of November. I'm not usually one to complain but hopefully this can be sorted out soon.

flyingmachine

I was hopeful the update to Application version 2.7.0.1094 release (CL-1.8.276, DNS-1.6.72) would solve it, but no.

Adguard seems to be causing problems with safari on other sites as well (dropbox)

Come on guys! :) Safari is the default web browser on Macs and Facebook is one of the most popular destinations on the Internet. Please, do something with this issue. It's a major obstacle in everyday usage.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
As already reported I cannot reproduce and cannot fix it.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I have MacOS too and tested on all my available platforms (MacOS, iOS, Windows, Android).

flyingmachine

So can you share your settings and information about what versions you run so we can see where the difference is? Because it isn't just one person that is being affected, clearly others are as well.

I am on:

Monterey 12.0.1
Safari 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.20)
Adguard version 2.7.0.1094 release (CL-1.8.276, DNS-1.6.72)

Are you on exactly the same?

I am on:

Monterey 12.1
Safari 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6)
AdGuard 2.7.0.1094 release (CL-1.8.276, DNS-1.6.72)

This is happening to me for a long time now. Different MacOS versions (including Catalina), different Safari versions. I literally have to turn off Adguard, so it lets me send images on Facebook website.

Please, treat this issue seriously.

flyingmachine

It seems the attitude is that if it doesn't happen for a moderator then it doesn't happen.

Emailed support. No reply beyond the auto response.

Really poor attitude to technical support for a paid product.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I can check the version numbers in a few hours. How big are the pictures you are trying to send?

@flyingmachine please do not assume things which are not true ( I never said it does not happen, just I cannot reproduce).

Happened to me also on:

MacOS 10.15.7 (19H1419)
Safari 15.0 (15612.1.29.41.4, 15612)
AdGuard 2.6.1.1051 release (CL-1.8.221, DNS-1.6.58)

The worst thing is, that it *sometimes* works, so it's understandable you might have problems with reproducing it.
For now, it started to work for me after turning AdGuard off and on (switch from the app, not from the browser).
I usually send screenshots ~ 0.3-3MB and I didn't find any relationship to the size.

hope this helps!

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Safari 15.1
Monterey 12.0.1 (currently updating).
AdGuard 2.7.0.1095 nightly

Just tried again several times with site refresh, every time working.