Captive Portal Logins Blocked

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Android)' started by Sn3akyP3t3, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Sn3akyP3t3

Sn3akyP3t3 New Member

Not sure if this is an Android Q issue or an AdGuard issue, but I'm reporting that any Captive Portal Login I encountered was Blocked. It was consistently failing last week while visiting various airports, hotels, bars, and restaurants.

I didn't capture screenshots for verbiage or keep logs, but I did make a couple of custom filters based on rules that didn't work because the IPV4/6 address changes so it doesn't matter. I can run over to a local restaurant in town and see if I can recreate it if needed. Worst case I can probably fire up a Raspberry Pi with an image that will simulate a router with captive portal functionality that I can recreate this with.

2. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Sn3akyP3t3

Hello there,

What's the version of AdGuard do you use?

3. Sn3akyP3t3

Sn3akyP3t3 New Member

3.0.297 (1.3.207cl)

Filter updates are set to auto.

4. Chinaski

Chinaski Support Marine Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Sn3akyP3t3

Please try to use Nightly version (or Settings > General > Updates > Update channel > Nightly)

If the problem persists, please send logs.

5. Sn3akyP3t3

Sn3akyP3t3 New Member

Could you point me to a change log that would indicate that the nightly version has a fix for this? I'd rather not jump into experimental shotgun in the dark fix mode "just because". I enjoy stability for a good reason, mostly my own sanity. :)

6. mahdiameri

mahdiameri New Member

Hello..Thanks

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  7. Sn3akyP3t3

Sn3akyP3t3 New Member