[*] channel4.com [Anti-Adblock][Windows]

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The video doesn't work even without Adguard.
Please check:
Code:
@@||channel4.com^$urlblock
Added to Annoyances filter:
Code:
channel4.com###all4gn-cookie-policy-notification

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Added to English filter:
Code:
@@||innovid.com/crossdomain.xml$domain=channel4.com
@@||webstat.channel4.com/b/ss/channel4dotcom/$domain=channel4.com
Please, check the result.

Cascade

I persistently see the same anti-adblock message when Adguard AdBlocker Firefox extension is enabled. I've tested with the links in this thread and some of my own as well. Can you reproduce? Thanks.

Cascade

Example URL:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-crystal-maze

This message shows when attempting to play:

"Advert error

We're funded entirely by adverts. You may be running an ad blocker. You can see where we're going here...

See ad blocker FAQs"

To watch the video you need to be logged in (testing account given previously in thread), and possibly have a UK IP address.

I am using these subscriptions: English filter, Spyware filter, Social media filter, Annoyances filter, EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Fanboy's Annoyances, Adblock Warning Removal List.

Using latest release of Adguard AdBlocker for Firefox.

Thanks for you help.

Caferacer

I have just found this thread and really it is isn't relevant to me as I only have the extension on a Chromebook but it would seem that channel4 is beating adguard here. Where one can, others will follow. It is still showing "Advert error

We're funded entirely by adverts. You may be running an ad blocker. You can see where we're going here...

See ad blocker FAQs"
Please could someone address this problem?

Caferacer

This is what I am having to do to get around the adverts:
I start watching a program on my phone where Adguard does work. I then stop it a few seconds in and then hit "Next Episode" and do this to the full Boxset. Then I go on my Chromebox and when I go to the videos I have started it lets me "Resume". Thus jumping the first adverts even though the blocker is off. Then when it is running I turn Adguard back on.

EDIT: @SpartacusSystem has not been on the site since September.
This is the last UK terrestrial TV channel that Adguard can not make available advert free. ITV was thought to be un-crack-able but you did it.

Last edited: