Chromium no longer seems compatible with the Adguard extension

Periphery

New Member
Hello,

Without answers for my previous thread, I reformulate in this technical section the elements of the bug I am facing. So I have a problem with Adguard Blocker extension that stops working properly with chromium.

Here's how I did it (the snapshots directory I used for my tests can be found here) :

  • I chose a version 73 (folder 623086), a version 72 (folder 611512) then a version 71 (folder 598911). Only the last one correctly supported the AdguardBlocker extension.
  • I then searched by dichotomy, for a version 72 that correctly supports the Adguard extension: folder 610786 matches this criterion.

This synthesis reflects the results of my research:
screenshot_166.png

Chromium being related to Chrome, I am surprised that no one has encountered the same problem as me. Could someone first confirm my observations?
Maybe I made a methodological mistake ...
 
Last edited:

dotne

New Member
It's a change in the way extensions are handled. I have the same issue with Internet Download Manager. It works with 71 but 72 and 73 both give a "CRX_HEADER_INVALID" error message. I verified it with Chromium and Chrome Canary. Some changes will need to be implemented but most developers are not concerned with Dev builds of browsers because the changes could be backed out before a stable release.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
What you might try doing with Chromium is manually adding the Chromium executable(s) to the Filtered Apps list and see if it works correctly then.
 

Periphery

New Member
Very nice surprise. After two days of successful testing, I definitely adopt the Adguard beta extension.

Thank you very much.
 
Top