Chromium no longer seems compatible with the Adguard extension

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Periphery, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Periphery

Periphery New Member

Hello,

Without answers for my previous thread, I reformulate in this technical section the elements of the bug I am facing. So I have a problem with Adguard Blocker extension that stops working properly with chromium.

Here's how I did it (the snapshots directory I used for my tests can be found here) :

• I chose a version 73 (folder 623086), a version 72 (folder 611512) then a version 71 (folder 598911). Only the last one correctly supported the AdguardBlocker extension.
    • I then searched by dichotomy, for a version 72 that correctly supports the Adguard extension: folder 610786 matches this criterion.

This synthesis reflects the results of my research:
    screenshot_166.png

Chromium being related to Chrome, I am surprised that no one has encountered the same problem as me. Could someone first confirm my observations?
    Maybe I made a methodological mistake ...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Karina

Please, investigate to check.

3. Periphery

Periphery New Member

What further investigation?
    Considering the recipient of the message (@Karina) , I assume you posted in the wrong thread.

4. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Periphery

No, I posted right. We have our testers who are interested in such issues.

5. dotne

dotne New Member

It's a change in the way extensions are handled. I have the same issue with Internet Download Manager. It works with 71 but 72 and 73 both give a "CRX_HEADER_INVALID" error message. I verified it with Chromium and Chrome Canary. Some changes will need to be implemented but most developers are not concerned with Dev builds of browsers because the changes could be backed out before a stable release.

6. Periphery

Periphery New Member

7. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

No, that's still in the proposal stage. And even if it goes through, it won't affect AdGuard for Windows as it works on the network level and isn't a browser extension. Depending on what Google does, it could/will affect the AdGuard browser extensions for Chrome/Opera though.

Periphery likes this.
  8. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

What you might try doing with Chromium is manually adding the Chromium executable(s) to the Filtered Apps list and see if it works correctly then.

9. TheHasagi

Also, you should try with the latest beta version of the extension.

Periphery likes this.
  10. Periphery

Periphery New Member

Very nice surprise. After two days of successful testing, I definitely adopt the Adguard beta extension.

Thank you very much.