Clear urls

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
AG's Settings > Stealth Mode > Strip URLs of tracking parameters.

It's configurable too.

Dj Dany

thank you for your reply,but see hxxps://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=ohGWXoHqKs6MlwTVmYWAAw&q=yahoo+mail&oq=yahoo&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIAEoWCBcSEjE0NWc5OWc4Nmc4N2c4Nmc4NkoPCBgSCzFnMWcxZzFnMWcxUL4JWPwSYLcZaABwAHgAgAGQAYgBrwSSAQM1LjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6sAEA&sclient=psy-ab , how add new parameters?
I need Https Everywhere if i have Adguard desktop ?
I need Adguard Browser Extension if i have Adguard Desktop ?

Last edited:

Dj Dany

^what it is cool?you are beta tester and you dont see this problem ?
off topic - please dark theme for site and forum ( default )
Boo Berry,yes,but not default !if i not log it is white!
for Strip URLs of tracking parameters any update ?

Last edited:

ralfy

Here's something I found out:

I have Adguard URL Tracking parameter and Strip URLs of tracking parameters enabled.

When I search for something in Google and hover over the results using the mouse cursor, the url stripped of tracking information is shown in the status bar. However, after right-clicking on the link to copy it, the tracking information returns.

The problem disappears when I use an addon like Clear URLs.

BlinderTu22

Thanks, I didn't even know that tracking parameters in URLs were a thing... I guess I still have much to learn, but now I know how to deal with these trackers!

ralfy

I found out that it only takes place in Firefox and Google, and not likely due to any setting or addon. All browsers are listed in the Adguard list of filtered applications. Here's what I tried and the results:

1. Firefox and Google - problem occurs
2. Firefox and Bing - no problem
2. Firefox in safe mode and Google - problem occurs
3. Iridium and Google - no problem
4. Waterfox default installation with nothing modified and Google - problem occurs
5. Waterfox (same) and Bing - no problem