[Closed] Performance ....

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by der_Kief, Mar 25, 2019.

1. der_Kief

der_Kief New Member

Hi,
    i just purchased ADGuard for Windows but i'm a bit disappointed about performance.
    Compared to ublock origin addon for chrome ADGuard is way slower browsing the web.
    I tried playing around with filter lists (use the same as ublock) and get it a bit better but its still slow.
    Like this i'm continue to use ublock atm.
    Any hints to get this optimized ?

I'm using:
    Win10 x64 1809
    Adguard latest stable v6.4
    Chrome latest stable x64
    Avast Pro Antivirus

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

How fast is your internet connection? You might try the latest nightly version of AG for Windows and see if it's any faster.

3. der_Kief

der_Kief New Member

it's a cable connection with 200 Mbps Down and 20Mbps Up speed.
    It's not really a speed problem it's more like a delay when loading websites.

4. philibeur

philibeur Beta Tester

Hello der_Kief, if you disable https filtering is it still slow? In my side the https filtering with eset slow the web loading.

5. Boo Berry

Yeah, if you're using any antivirus/antimalware software, that'd be good to know too. Like @philibeur mentioned, there are incompatibility issues with some AV apps like ESET right now.

6. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@der_Kief

Hello!

What anti-virus is installed? (Add AdGuard to it's exclusion list)

Go to AdGuard - Settings - Network - Use WFP driver (on/off)

7. der_Kief

der_Kief New Member

Meanwhile i tried latest nightly and its a bit better but still not satisfying ...
    Now there is on each site i vistit the following error before loading the site: err_ssl_version_interference

This seems to help but its not an acceptable solution for me as this was the main reason why i bought ADGuard

I'm using latest Avast AntiVirus. Adding AdGuard to Avasts exclusion list doesnt solve that issue.

8. Boo Berry

Sounds like a possible incompatibility with Avast. @TheHasagi this is probably for you. :)

As a temporary workaround, if you're willing, you can look in Avast's settings to see if there's some sort of scan HTTPS or SSL type of setting and uncheck that to see if it works then. You might think unchecking such a feature would leave you insecure, but AG for Windows has its own browsing security feature (if you have it enabled) which can act as a substitute to the AV's website scanning feature.

9. der_Kief

der_Kief New Member

@Boo Berry
    disabling HTTPS scanning within Avvast settings was one of the things i did try. But it doenst help with that issue !
    As i already wrote what helps is disabling HTTPS filtering within AdGuard....

10. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

What kind of an issue is there between Adguard and Eset? I have both and do not have any problem. What should I look out for?

11. Boo Berry

12. philibeur

philibeur Beta Tester

13. der_Kief

der_Kief New Member

should I open an ticket over at GitHub ?

14. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@der_Kief

Could you try to disable TLS 1.3 (RMB on the AdGuard's icon from the tray - Settings - Advanced - scroll down and uncheck TLS 1.3).

15. der_Kief

der_Kief New Member

@TheHasagi
    i already tried that but unfortunately it doesn't solve the issue.

16. TheHasagi

@der_Kief

Does this happen even if Avast is totally turned off?

17. Boo Berry

What version of Avast Pro are you using, exactly? I'm sure that'd help the devs try to reproduce any incompatibility issue(s).

18. der_Kief

der_Kief New Member

I'm using latest version 19.3.4241.0 of Avast Pro Antivirus and completely turning off doesn't help either. So I guess in my case it's not a problem of Avast in combination with AdGuard ...

19. TheHasagi

@der_Kief

Did you try turning off WFP driver usage?

20. der_Kief

der_Kief New Member

I have to revise this statement. With latest AdGuard Nightly 7.0.2388.6051 (CL 1.3.241) and Avast turned off probelm is gone

doesn't help ....