[Closed] Performance ....

ram1220

@ram1220

Since the Nightly builds are quite unstable sometimes, we are working on to fix the issues with WFP/TDI and speed dropdowns. Please, stand by for the updates.
Ok thank you. So far the nightly has been working great since I reinstalled yesterday. However I have not had a need to reboot my computer yet. I did put it in sleep mode last night and she resumed this morning just fine. I might reboot here in a bit just to see if Adguard nightly will come up properly. Thanks again for the help!

ram1220

Shut down my computer for about an hour. Booted it back up and the nightly failed again. I got the message "Something Went Wrong" The only thing I could click on was "Contact Support Team" which I did not do since I just reported the issue 2 nights ago. I had to uninstall Aguard once again. Is there a site where I can get an older version of Adguard that actually works? I will not try the nightly again. And the newest version of Adguard makes my computer too slow. I am paid up until August 1, 2019 but I can not use the program as it is now. And unless this is fixed I will not renew. I feel I have wasted my money. Not happy at all after years of satisfaction.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Regarding the WFP driver performance issue, it exists in all AG for Windows versions (including 6.4) but has been fixed for 7.0, which is getting kinda close to beta status (then stable after that). The only workaround for it right now with 6.4 is to disable the WFP driver and use the TDI driver instead (which of course means you can't filter Windows apps like the original Microsoft Edge).

However, I believe the more serious issue here is you can't reboot your PC without the AG for Windows 7 nightly failing to start. I'm not sure if you're encountering some rare AG for Windows 7 bug or if something is wrong with your system preventing it but I'm sure the devs would want to know as much information as possible. For example, what Windows version are you using? If Windows 10, are you using Home or Pro? If using Windows 10 are you using the latest Windows 10 update (aka 1809 or the October 2018 Update) or an older update? Are you using any kind of security software, including antivirus, antimalware, firewall, etc.? If so, what? Getting this issue fixed should be top priority before AG for Windows 7 hits the stable channel and you encounter this issue again - working on nipping it in the bud should be the priority right now.

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@ram1220

Hello there,

Can we negotiate about a TeamViewer session so I'll be able to check remotely? (Tell me the date & time that will be comfortable to you and credentials, please in private messages)

ram1220

Guys don't worry about it. I have uninstalled Adguard and will not reinstall it. I installed the Adguard extension for Firefox and my speed is back to normal. All ads are filtered. Just for the record I am running Windows 10 Pro on a clean (6 day) install of 1809 downloaded from MS on a thumb drive 6 days ago. Just using the extension has gotten my computer back to normal. And like I said all ads are now filtered. No interest in reinstalling Adguard. Thanks again.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The issue with the service not starting after reboot should be fixed in the latest AG for Win 7 nightly. Not sure if it's been pushed to beta yet or not (but it will with the next beta if it's not already there).