Custom Filter/Rule for Cookies on [Android]

Mike Yagi

Hi there,

A short intoduction of the issue: Unlike desktop browsers, browsers on android don't give us the proper control to decide which websites are allowed/not-allowed to store cookies in our devices, it' just that we can enable or disable cookies all together, which is - very - impractical.

What I wish will be possible is to make AdGuard to block all cookies - 1st and 3rd-party - on all websites via a custom filter, which then enables the user to make exceptions by creating custom filter(s) to only allow the websites they need to store cookies on their devices ...and block all the rest (whitelist solution).

I don't know if this is possible or not, and if not, I wonder if it will be possible to implement this capability in the near future.

*I'm using AdGuard Content Blocker for Samsung.

Your inputs are welcomed.

Thanks.

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
AdGuard Content Blocker for Samsung can only block web requests and hide HTML elements. You can't control cookies using it. AdGuard for Android app can inject JS and block all cookies with some rule.

Mike Yagi

AdGuard Content Blocker for Samsung can only block web requests and hide HTML elements. You can't control cookies using it. AdGuard for Android app can inject JS and block all cookies with some rule.
How to do this please?

I installed AdGuard for Android.

Thanks

This is 1 Feature have not been able to comprehend yet & the rest of the family ask me about regularly. Ask understand it, the Blacklist is for "junk" (stuff we DON'T WANT TO SEE) & the Whitelist is for the "tolerated" (recommended/similar) stuff.
Yet never seem to come across anyone posting what they have for a list of possible recommendations for the newer people.
While I have my own "regularly" visited site's, obviously not all of them are valid for my family or here in public. Yet I have some where I don't want Adguard or the various Tampermonkey/Userscripts to run. Those are my Whitelist.
Now am wondering if I am explaining it correctly to the family as they come for guidance...

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You can whitelist any site using exclusion
Code:
@@||domain.com^$document