Dailymail.co.uk - Flying Video Pop-up

Chazz7350

Hi - having an issue with Dailymail.co.uk - what seems to be a flying video popup appears in the lower right of the page - filters applied appear to stop the content but not the appearance. It clears when I click on it but reappears when I open up other pages on the site. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoyance?

Probably using too many filters and if some need to be removed I would be happy to do so.

Using Mac OS - 10.15.4
Safari - 13.1
Filters applied - AdGuard Base, AdGuard Mobile Ads, Easy List, Peter Lowe's Blocklist, AdGuard Tracking Protection, EasyPrivacy, Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking, AdGuard Social Media, AdGuard Annoyances, Fanboy's Annoyances, Web Annoyances, Adblock Warning Removal List, I don't care about cookies, AdGuard Safari, AdGuard Experimental,

Attachments

oldsarge

I also run Catalina 10.15.4 and when I am on the website, SmokingMeats.com, I get a popup video lower right as well. As soon as I log into the site as a member, it is gone. And as long as I do not log out, it never returns. So maybe it is a deliberate nuisance to get folks to join rather than lurk?

Chazz7350

Doesn't work lie that for Dailymail.co.uk - still get the popup when logged onto the site. Very persistent and very annoying!

Chazz7350

Thanks Chinaski - report sent you your filter developers as requested. I look forward to their response.

oldsarge

Not sure how to send a report. I took screen shots but they are each too large. Never the less, as I stated, as soon as I log in as a registered member/user on the smoking meat website, the AVANTISVIDEO box in the lower right of the screen disappears, never to return.

Chazz7350

Just received an update from the filter developers - they suggested to add a rule to the user Filters which appears to have resolved my issue.

'dailymail.co.uk###chromelessPlayer'

Not sure whether this will work for other websites with flying videos but one can only try.

AfroUSA

Hi,
You can try this code in Filters/Custom Filtering Rules
Code:
||www.dailymail.co.uk##.mol-video.moduleFull > div
It works for me on Android, OSX and iOS.