[*] dictionary.com/browse/xxxxxx

Gass

Yes I started out on this site http://www.dictionary.com/ but cause I need spellings of more words I input more for spellings and end up on this site http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ xxxxxx , the xxxxxx represents what word I'm looking for spelling of.

I've element blocked of the top site and still see some ads there sometimes,,, but not as bad as the second one down site. Today is the worst ever - it's been getting bad each day lately. I can't recall this much trouble on this site with ads in last version Adguard 6.0.266.1108 before 6.1 came.

I don't know what you need to know here. I'm using Win. 8.1 x64 with IE11 and with filters
English
spyware
social media
easylist
easyprivacy
fanboy's annoyance
fanboy's enhancement tracking list
anti-adblock killer | reek
malware domains

I over lapped the images (which is only one really) of developer section of browser if is helps at all.
Thanks, Gass

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Can you please right click on the ad and click on Inspect Element and then post a screenshot here, thank you.

An ad left-over:
Code:
dictionary.com##.right-rail-middle-box
dictionary.com##div[id^="dcom-serp"]

Attachments

Gass

@Blaz

This is from your image to show my inspect element toolbar doesn't look like yours.
There are more than one ad at times - I've even seen video ad...
See my tool bar from right clicking ad and inspect element looks the same as when I open F12 developer tools - it hangs to where I can't close it out easy BUT also after a short while the what's shown above in this image gets expanded in more texts like my OP post has. I'm going to restart system and only right click on ad and inspect element to see if help get your tool bar tabs. This is all new to me in working with - bear with me ok

Gass

Will I hope I'm understanding this right - when you do the steps to get to the inspect element screen - your looking for the Highlighted texts field. Right?
The one right above was visible on the page when I was returning back to right click another ad.
I also noticed for different words search of dictionary(dot)com it shows different ads. EX: scoop
showed an ad for Case Construction equipment.

Thanks, Gass

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please try these rules:
Code:
dictionary.com##a[href^="https://adclick."]
dictionary.com##div[id^="ebDiv"]
dictionary.com##a[id^="adContent"]
dictionary.com##li[class^="social-share-"]
||spt.dictionary.com/proxy
For spyware filter (didn't check if all features work yet):
Code:
||track.dictionary.com
If there are still ads shown, we have to probably use Teamviewer.

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
dictionary.com##.right-rail-middle-box
It is hidden by #dcom-serp-mid-300x250
dictionary.com##div[id^="dcom-serp"]
it is empty on my end.
||spt.dictionary.com/proxy
is blocked by ||spt.dictionary.com^ at the moment.

dictionary.com##a[href^="https://adclick."] dictionary.com##div[id^="ebDiv"] dictionary.com##a[id^="adContent"]
I don't see them in the HTML code.
Added to Spyware filter:
Code:
||track.dictionary.com
Added to Social filter:
Code:
##.social-share-facebook
##.social-share-twitter
##.social-share-google

Gass

@Gass Please use spoilers for screenshots(flag icon)
YOU MENTIONED FLAG ICON like in my members signature - RIGHT
Ok but why it's small - I don't understand is it offensive to someone or for screen real estate issues or what is it ?
Please follow up and tell me please, Ok SIR...

EDIT
I did this now, and have noticed submitted screen shots of all my posts all have been SPOILEREDIZED
so my dense head don't know if all screenshots is what ya meant or my user signature.

I guess submitted images/screenshots is a cleaner medium to view in Spoiler format and reduces over all length of a thread in this case and type and is probably the standard for overall forum posts that have an image now.

Just from working with my "SUPER ADGUARD ICON" image of my user signature - to get it to show the actual image and not just text of the image address / I had to use the img BB Code wrapped/tucked inside the Spoiler BB Code or double code it / just playing and experimenting around this worked.
Gass

Last edited:

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
@Gass please add your filters list and Adguard version to user signature.
I don't see some elements in HTML. Please make screenshots of these elements and add urls of the pages.

Gass

@Gass please add your filters list and Adguard version to user signature.
I don't see some elements in HTML. Please make screenshots of these elements and add urls of the pages.
I'll work on my Filters List to add BUT, Adguard Version is there ""ADGUARD 6.1.258.1302 + 2.1.359"" the + 2.1.350 is ANDROID Version I'm with because I have no more network service to the Phone to use it or upgrade from this version I could side load BUT, no network and extra work for me in doing so with a Phone I don't turn on for months Now...

Yes some things (MOST) are ABOVE my understanding level (other than in turning a device on - going to a website by browser search engine results) I have very very little understanding to (under the surface) as fundamentals of workings or anymore than a basic understanding in principals for any given thing. I rely on guides and TUT's or some form of instruction to understand more.
So you speak of HTML elements as a whole and all I do understand is HTML is web talk - of just to what I know nothing, elements are like air-water-fire-earth / been reading on inspect elements of webpage BUT only grasping small grains of sand in understandings...

So if you could be so kind to a little more on information and descriptions of what you speak of, I have no current open missed ads issue now by the way. You may mark RESOLVED...
I do give thanks for forum helpers here - your all great...
Gass

Last edited:

Gass

@Blaz ,

How do you have so many active filter subscriptions, is it installed Adguard and with combo of Adguard Browser Extension this is
possible? On installed Adguard I get warning trying anymore than 8 - so #9 gives warning to me. You have active filters double of what I can activate with warning of slowing my browsing ability.

Any insight you care to offer?
Gass

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
@Blaz ,

How do you have so many active filter subscriptions, is it installed Adguard and with combo of Adguard Browser Extension this is
possible?
I ignored that warning and it doesn't slows down my browsing, probably due to my i7.

Last edited:

Gass

You can try. Mine is i7-4790k.
Although I don't go into AG UI much, just knowing the warning is waiting is like something I'm putting off to do.
Nice if an option given to click on warning and OK I understand do show no more or show when my browsing is of a FACT slowed.
Gass